Topshotfishing

Ft. Lauderdale Fl. Shark Fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

1 post in this topic

<o:p></o:p>

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Fort Lauderdale</st1:city></st1:place>Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Here in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Fort Lauderdale</st1:city> <st1:state w:st="on">FL</st1:state></st1:place> thetemperature has been in the mid 80’s, winds out of the east, 8-12 mph with blueskies. Pam & Scott Itkin along withtheir sons and friend from <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Weston</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">Florida</st1:state></st1:place> chartered the Happy DayToday along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sportfishing. As I greeted Scott and familywhile boarding the Happy Day Today, I asked what their pleasure was – what typeof fish would they like to target. Oneof their sons said they wanted something big, like a Shark. With that in mind, we left the dock andheaded out towards the sea buoy that sits on the drop off with 120 ft. ofwater, 1.8 miles from shore. For bait weused the fresh Bonitos and Kingfish that we caught fishing this morning. We put out one surface Shark bait, onemidrange and one bottom bait, plus we flew one kite with two live Goggle Eyesfrom each kite.

Our first strike was a 22 lb. Bonito from our kite bait – itput on an excellent fight. As we werewaiting for the Shark’s arrival, the bottom Shark bait rod got a bite. I knew it wasn’t a Shark at the end of theline by the way it was fighting. Itwound up to be a 30 lb Amberjack. As wewere re-baiting our bottom rod, the midrange bait got a strike – the linescreamed off the reel and I knew this would be a nice size fish. An hour and a half later, <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jackson</st1:place></st1:city> grabbed a hold of the leader with theHammerhead Shark along side of the boat, measuring 117” long. Pictures were taken and the Shark was released. The anglers requested to continue to Sharkfish, so we set up our Shark baits again and did not wait too long till thesurface bait got a strike. A half hourlater, another Hammerhead Shark was brought to the boat, measuring 72”. Pictures were taken once more and the Sharkwas released.

With two Shark flags flying, it was time to head back. This ends another successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter on the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing teamand Captain Zsak out of Fort Lauderdale FL<o:p></o:p>

5852a5b2dfc39_SharkScottPam.jpg.befb7bd5

5852a5b2e6e19_sharkpam.jpg.a9ea10760be51