Dixie719

Norfolk Canyon

5 posts in this topic

Well, been a long time since a report from me, but here goes. Hit the Norfolk Canyon Thurs/Fri for an overnighter with Mike Avery on Seaduction. Thursday - Saw lots of sharks on top of the water including a huge hammerhead. 2/4 on the YFT and 2 Mahi off the balls. Overnight - Winds picked up, nada, dumped all the bait over in the morning and a damn shark came with his mouth open and engulfed the bait and cut the sword light off at the same time. Friday - 5am on the troll rods go off early!!! Ended up with 13 YFT to approx 60 pounds; most in the 40-50 pound range. Will post some pics when I recover a bit more!

Way cool ....Loved the under water shots.Thanks for sharing!!!

Well, been a long time since a report from me, but here goes. Hit the Norfolk Canyon Thurs/Fri for an overnighter with Mike Avery on Seaduction. Thursday - Saw lots of sharks on top of the water including a huge hammerhead. 2/4 on the YFT and 2 Mahi off the balls. Overnight - Winds picked up, nada, dumped all the bait over in the morning and a damn shark came with his mouth open and engulfed the bait and cut the sword light off at the same time. Friday - 5am on the troll rods go off early!!! Ended up with 13 YFT to approx 60 pounds; most in the 40-50 pound range. Will post some pics when I recover a bit more!
Ha Ha ,I know what you mean.That's a long trip on a open boat.You did a great job.....