Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finaddict

Delaware Beaches Under Attack Again/Please Read

4 posts in this topic

Delaware is about to become the next OBX with "birding issues". I have been saying for years that this will be our next fight and now it is here. read into it what you will, but for those who have kept up with the OBX issue will veiw this the same way I see this. NOT GOOD. <NOBR id=yui_3_4_1_1_1338912666250_497>Grant</NOBR> it, there is some good stuff in this initative, but there is also a "hidden agenda". A <NOBR id=yui_3_4_1_1_1338912666250_513>chocolate covered</NOBR> terd is still a terd.

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/news/story/secretary-of-interior-launches-delaware-bayshore-initiative/831662

I will continue to post pertinant info about this issue. Now you all know why I have not been fishing and posting.

DMS could use your support in our efforts by joining www.dmsclub.net

Think I am kidding?

This just in, coincidence, I think not, or is that "Knot"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

146th General Assembly

Senate Bill # 149

Primary Sponsor: McDowell Additional Sponsor(s): Rep. Heffernan

CoSponsors: Sen. Cloutier; Rep. Hudson

Introduced on : 06/23/2011

Long Title: AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 7 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CONSERVATION AND ENDANGERED SPECIES.

Synopsis: This bill updates Title 7 Conservation, Chapter 6 Endangered Species relating to the conservation and endangered species. This bill models the policies of neighboring states (i.e. Maryland and New Jersey).

Provisions in this bill define the powers and duties of listing and delisting of threatened and endangered species, rules and regulations, and implementation authority (DNREC). The Secretary of DNREC is given statutory authority to designate threatened or endangered species based on scientific investigations by the Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife and can establish rules and regulations necessary for the conservation of those species and the continued ability for those species to sustain themselves. The bill inserts qualifications of endangered and threatened statuses. Provisions in this bill allow for public notice of species listing and criterion for review of status and delisting of species. The statute on the potential for permits is amended to include instances of take. This bill prohibits the take of threatened or endangered species. The importation of hides, parts, or articles made from endangered or threatened species and the sale of skins, bodies, or animals of endangered and threatened species continue to be prohibited.

The bill allows for the establishment of a framework to create and implement conservation programs including the acquisition of land or aquatic habitats and conservation agreements needed to conserve threatened or endangered species of plants and wildlife. In implementing these conservation programs, the DNREC shall not restrict the use or development of private property. The bill also ensures that the disclosure of property maps and locations of essential habitat of any endangered or threatened species may be withheld if the disclosure of such information would create an unacceptable risk of destruction or harm to species or habitat.

This will change the current law allowing Sec Of DNREC to "list and delist" endangered species here in Delaware as he sees fit. Currently this is the job of the U.S. Sec Of Interior (Ken Salazar). SB149 now sits in the Delaware Natural Resouce Committee and will be voted on by the end of June. I will try and post the contact info for members of the Natural Resource Committee. Please contact them and tell them what you think about this environmentalist takeover. FOR GOD SAKE HELP YOURSELVES!!!!

WWW.DMSCLUB.NET

Senate Natural Resources & Environmental Control Committee

Chairman: David B. McBride Total # 6

Members: George H. Bunting

Dorinda A. "Dori" Connor

Karen E. Peterson

F. Gary Simpson

Robert L. Venables

www.dmsclub.net