8 posts in this topic

Pretty cool, and I hadn't seen this before...about 6 or 8 dolphins above the Rt. 90 bridge, heading north. I followed them until just north of Lighthouse Sound. What would cause them to want to hang in 79 degree water that is only 7' deep, I wonder? I didn't see any bait around...

In FL I used to see Dolphin following schools of Mullet in from the ocean into the Indian River. They would wait until the school was in a sort of cul-Da-sac and then tear 'em up. Maybe it was the same thing...

There's plenty of food for them in the back areas and with the shallow water, easier to trap it.

Or maybe they were just commuters. hehehehe

I was in my yak yesterday and had about a dozen come up within 20' of me. They look a lot bigger when you are that close.:shock:

I was about 200 yards off the Assateague Island surf. About 3-4 miles from the OSV entrance.

I would love to see Flipper that close up, I might have to start keeping one of those disposable water-proof cameras in the bait well of the yak.

ive seen em inside the inlet a time or 2. it is a cool site, i had no idea they went up past 90. but then again one found its way up to laurel delaware 1 time

must be good warm water and plenty of a good food source in the bay, good sign guys:cool: now, where are the Snook and Tarpon:confused: