Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMc

squall 15

3 posts in this topic

anyone use a penn squall 15 have a 525 mag and like it alot just curios if the sqaull is as good gonna put it on a mojo heavy 12ft thanks

SMc, I was wondering the same thing. I do not have a 525 mag but I was in the market to buy one when I learned it was phased out and the Penn Squall took its place. The reviews I did find online were very favorable so I am making a trip to Bass Pro tomorrow to take a good look at it. The guys working the fishing section are usually very helpful, so I will pick their brains to see what they think. If it is the "improved 525", then I'm assuming it must be good. It's hard to find anything negative about the Penn 525. If I do buy it, I will drop you a line as soon as I get to AI at the end of June. Thanks and best of luck.

I have had both...the squall is very slow out of the box...I have heard people degreasing them and putting a quicker oil in them to get them really spinning, I treid that, but I guess I didn't put the right oil in them and it was still slow...its probably just me, but the squall's gold just looked cheap to me...sold it...of course looks don't really matter when it comes to performance, and the squall does very well. I still prefer the 525mag over the squall. Still have my 525's!