Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

summer shark fishing

5 posts in this topic

Shark fishing season will soon be apon us. Every year I start a thread emphasizing the importance of proper technique if you happen to tangle with a toothie critter. First off if you decide to shark fish and have never done it I recommend having someone like me take you out. I have no problem showing all I've learned on proper techniques for handeling shark. The most important thing to remember is not to target shark on a crowded beach. It only ends bad for everyone. When landing the shark only beach it far enough out of the water as needed to safely remove the hook or cut the line. Try to limit the time the shark is outta the water to 5 minutes or less. Do not sit on the shark they do not have bones to support their own weight let alone yours to. I can keep going but to cut things short pm me or comment here for more info. Remember I'd gladly take you out on a trip anytime.

Great topic Dave,

Quick question, is there any way to avoid this creatures... small bait, distance ?... the last thing I would like to have is a fight with one of this dudes. I always fish alone ( well... with wife and two girls ) and I pull some small sharks on the mix, I take all you tips and trick that you share for this small ones, but realy is not my intention to fight with Mr.shark.

Las thing I remember from you tips is that they don't like the camara flash.

We all should care and protec the nature... and learn how. :eusa_dance:

Thanks Dave!

Well to tell you you'll never catch them would be a lie. But you can reduce your chances of hooking a big one by usuing smaller baits and fishing daylight. Shark seem to be most active at dusk and just before sunrise. But chances are if your not usuing the right setup they'll bite you off anyway. Glad I could help.

Thanks, Dave.

I always read you tips just to be prepared IF one day one of them made it to the short pull by Me, but like I say I don't target sharks, and my rig is NOT set up for them.

Thanks, I'm still pending to see one of you guys to have a lesson on "reading the beach" :eusa_dance:

Thanks, Dave.

I always read you tips just to be prepared IF one day one of them made it to the short pull by Me, but like I say I don't target sharks, and my rig is NOT set up for them.

Thanks, I'm still pending to see one of you guys to have a lesson on "reading the beach" :eusa_dance:

I'd willing to meet up with you one day do some fishing