Jet Ski Brian

Maiden Voyage

4 posts in this topic

I have finally finished rigging one of the 2012 Yamaha FXHO's and yesterday was perfect weather conditions for its first test drive. I departed Messick Boat Ramp in Poquoson Virginia along with fellow jet anglers Todd West and AB of Gloucester at around 0740. We ran across the Chesapeake Bay past the Bay Bridge and fished the shoals around Fishermen Island. We were fishing for Red Drum using live hard crab in the shallows, no drum for us but I did hear that there were some caught close by. I left before Todd and AB to get back to my house so I could take my wife out for a couple hours since this was the first time we had put one of the new skis in the water. I covered almost a hundred miles yesterday, every thing ran and operated perfect. I had the new FXHO up to speeds of 60 mph and nothing including me or my wife fell off. Ha! The true test will be in some crappy weather but over all I was more than pleased how everything handled with all of the custom pipework and rigging. This week I finish all the wiring on my wife ski. Here are some pictures I took while out on the water.

brianfxhoatcbbt-1.jpg

fxhoinshoals-1.jpg

backoffxho-1.jpg

toddandabatcbbt-1.jpg

toddwestinshoals-1.jpg

abinshoals-1.jpg

yakersyaking-1.jpg

kayakerinshoals-1.jpg

twoterns885-1.jpg

ternsonbeach-1.jpg

ternwithfish-1.jpg

dolphinsoffshoals-1.jpg

pelicantakeoff338-1.jpg

pelicancloseup1-1.jpg

whaler338-1.jpg

jonesbrothers-1.jpg

boatay4th-1.jpg

frogpile223-1.jpg

ruddewhaler449-1.jpg

skiathome333-1.jpg

Looks great.Really like the instrument panel.....