floater

New AI OSV electronic vehicle counter

8 posts in this topic

Was down this past weekend and noticed the new OSV electronic vehicle counter sign (and gates) as you drive onto the beach.

Does anyone know....is the number on the sign the count of vehicles actually out on the beach or is that a count of how many more vehicles can go out? :confused:

Just curious.

It counts the number of vehicles that are on the beach at that time.

Thanks. When I pulled up I saw 38 and thought "oh crap, how could I have been going that fast?" :confused4:

LOL, why, did you catch air going over?

Have been debating getting a sticker for AI, how is the beach access during summer busy times? How early do you have to be there to be sure you get on the beach when you want?

Thanks,

Kevin

It all depends when you come down weekends have the most traffic so the earlier the better as for during the week most times no wait to a little wait. Now holidays you better get out there very early there are time you would have to wait 20 40 min or a lot longer.

I have learned that trying to get on the beach on the 4th of July is almost impossible unless you like watching the sun come up. I wont make that trip again, too crowded for me!

Memorial Day was extremely crowded as well. I was on the beach fishing at 0600 hours. When I left around 1200 hours, there was a very long line waiting to get onto the beach. I could see the look of disgust on many faces as they waited for their turn to drive onto the beach. There is no doubt that some people were waiting a very long time. July 4th will be worse. Remember....the early bird gets the worm!