Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Spring Wonderbay Fishing!

1 post in this topic

Saturday morning I dropped my jet ski in at Messick Boat Ramp in Poquoson Virginia. I went across Back River and stopped by Wallace's Bait and Tackle to pick up some live crabs for bait.

I then headed across the Chesapeake Bay in flat, glassy and foggy conditions, half way across it cleared up nicely. I fished around the High Rise Span of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and caught several small Tautog using live fiddler crab for bait.

Later in the morning I anchored up in the Shoals off of Fisherman Island and put out a couple lines with Live Hard Crab hoping there might be some Red Drum around. No bites but I figured I would start putting my time in early for Reds.

I was treated to an awesome Gannet and Dolphin show while out.There were a lot of "Pollen Drifts" in the bay also.

Sunday morning the winds were still calm so I made another early morning run tho the CBBT. This time I fished around the third and fourth islands. It was slow at first but the bite picked up later in the morning and I managed a couple decent keeper Tog. I saw several other guys catching some.

The ride back to Poquoson today was sloppy and foggy with NE winds at 15-20 and seas 3-4 but still worth the trip. I covered about 75 miles this weekend and burned 15 gallons.

Here are some of the thing I saw this weekend.

sunrisefactorypoint-1.jpg

jetskiatwallaces-1.jpg

randygettingcrabs-1.jpg

togathighrise334-1.jpg

skiinshoals-1.jpg

hardcrab445-1.jpg

crabclaw-1.jpg

dolphinbacks-1.jpg

dolphinfamily-1.jpg

dolpintales-1.jpg

lotsofdivinggannets-1.jpg

gannetdive445-1.jpg