8 posts in this topic

ok - may just get out to bass pro this weekend - wife actually wants to go with me "if we can stop at a winery on the way" - fine with me ...love wine tasting, but I think the real motive is that she wants to "Supervise" my shopping so I don't come home with a whole new setup...

Anyway - will pick up the hooks then...some of you mentioned that I might want to try a stout 7ft rod instead of my 10 or 12 ft surf rods....if I want to find a rod I can use to throw baits for sharks out and use on boats for things bigger than sea bass and flounder :) (Tog, blues, stripers, whatever)-thinking about these two....comments on the suitability for dual purpose like that? If i'm totally off base, just tell me...

Uglystick Tiger:

38-133-702-00

20-50 LB LINE

3/4 - 6 OZ LURE7' MBWS2201

Shimano Saragosa:

38-151-202-00

20-40 LB LINE7' HEAVY

GIMBAL BUTT WITH CAPSRS70H

Diawa Sealine

38-150-478-00

LINE WEIGHT 20-60LBS

LURE WEIGHT 3-8 OZ7' H

10 GUIDES

1 PIECESL-EB 701HR

all of them about the same that I have although I can't say if they are and good or not because I have yet to hook onto a big guy yet.:mad:

BPS, inside at the shark at 11am Saturday....

I'll bring the extra rods I have....

(leave 'em in the truck though)

Steve- you do know i'm talking about the Harrisburg shop???

DOHHHH!!!!

I keep forgetting about that one!

Nope nope nope, I was talking about Arundel Mills.

My real bad....

THanks for the offer though - nice folks on this board I tell ya!!!!

Could have been funny if we both were standing inside our own BPS stores talking to each other on the Cell "Yeah i'm here, where are you? " "I'm here too ... where are YOU????"

I did a similar thing with fish-a-holic - we wanted to meet at "the inlet" I came from the north and pulled in the parking lot of IRI... he came over the rt 50 bridge and pulled into the parking lot of the OC inlet - I called him and said i'm in the parking lot - he said "I'm pulling in now too" ...."don't see you....wait....WHICH INLET???!?@?@?" :)

Hahaha, yep, good ol' Jeff....;)

Well, have a good time there anyway!

yeah, me-too. I looking at maybe a Daiwa Saltist & a 8' Falcon Coastal or St. Croix rod:)