Jet Ski Brian

I Don't Mind Being Crapped On!

4 posts in this topic

But only when I am reeling in big Striped Bass with thousands of birds diving all around me.

I went fishing on my jet early this morning for a couple of hours. It was 38 degrees when I left Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach with SW winds about 10-15kts and seas 2-4 foot. I trolled North close to Cape Henry without any bites but some decent marks on the sounder. The whole time I am trolling there is a steady flow of gannets heading to my South with determined looks in their eyes. I finally gave in and picked up and ran South. I ended up off of Sandbridge in a flock of thousands of gannets diving all around me. As soon as I put in it was "Fish On!"

I caught 8 nice Stripers in 40 minutes, I kept two around 38 inches. . Twice, I had two on at the same time on a Tomic Mojo combo.

There were so many birds around me that I was covered in Gannet crap. It was raining poop but I did not care cause I was having a blast. I covered 35 miles and burned 8 gallons

There was only one other boat around me with some guys jigging them up.

Here are some pictures from today.

sunrise003-1.jpg

gannetsdiving-1.jpg

gannetdive009-1.jpg

birddive448-1.jpg

birdcrap-1.jpg

bigwillie-1.jpg

mojotomic554-1.jpg

brianwithstriper665-1.jpg

stripereye445-1.jpg

Beautiful pictures, I am jealous of your fuel burn we would burn 8 gals just to get out of the marina!