13 posts in this topic

Man, I am obsessed with UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). Saturday's finals were awesome. Didn't catch last nights. Always order the PPVs. :D

next week,,,ken shamrock,,,glass jaw,,,he has no chance!

He was tough in his day, but he sure takes a beating now. His whole face changes when he fights.

I'm on Sherdog.com just about as much as this place. I have about 15 hours of MMA on my tivo right now to be watched. I don't usually get the PPV though, too many crappy fights like last night. I'm starting BJJ training now and hope to get into some amateur tourneys next summer...before I'm too decrepit to pull it off. Kind of like catching sharks from a kayak, pretty crazy and probably not smart but I just want to say I did it.

Saturday night was a great night of fights...no "lay and pray" like last night. I don't know why it has to be live, they fight 4-5 fights before the live section, show the good ones and highlight the bad ones ya know!

I have taken a few BJJ classes in the past few months and some judo training. I just with I had better elbows. They KILL me with all the grappling.

Tito will destroy Ken...again. The first fight was an embarassment, this may be the last Shamrock fight unless they start feeding him some lower level guys but I don't think he'll take those fights. He may have to go the road of fighting Tank, Kimo, etc.

Tito will destroy Ken...again. The first fight was an embarassment, this may be the last Shamrock fight unless they start feeding him some lower level guys but I don't think he'll take those fights. He may have to go the road of fighting Tank, Kimo, etc.

Yup... It's all about the pride. Then again, he's probably doing pretty good with the $, but it's about over.

Maybe Hulk Hogan vs Ken Shamrock?

Rocky 6? Who knows... :D

I've been wrasslin' for 14 years so my grappling is good, my subs need work but I can crank most of them, just not in a flash. I'm doing the bjj mostly to know when I'm in trouble, once I figure out the counters and what not to do against a bjj guy I'll be much more comfortable. Hopefully I won't get KTFO by some MT fighter.

Right... We gotta meet up sometime. When are you fishing AI next?

I read Ken's book, he was pretty much broke as recent at 2001-2002 he wasted all the WWF money drinking and other things. He definitely needs this which is why he went through the knee surgery and recovery to get back. He should fight Gracie again IMO, although Royce may make $100K and not the $3MM he got for the Hughes disaster.

AI monday...first trip since April 1...glad I dropped the hunski on that permit! I think out of the next 6 weeks I'll be down 5 of the weekends so I'll be out there as much as possible.

I had respect for Shamrock when he was in the first few UFCs. I remember watching them with my Dad.. We thought, Man! This guy is tough.... Too bad about his character.

Royce is done... Hughes totally humiliated him and to him that is Gracie family humiliation. They need to let the old ones go.

Guys like Frank Mir, Georges St.Piere and Diego Sanchez (and many more) deserve to get the attention now.

What about Chuck! How is this guy doing it? Man, he's got bombs. And Franklin? Genius. Hughes is a talented wrestler with AMAZING strength...

Ken and Royce have had their time in the spotlight, too bad it was only a flashlight back then.

I think Franklin is changing his britches now that A. Silva is in the UFC. I don't know how much Pride you watch but those guys are the real deal. With the exception of Hughes their contenders would beat the UFC champs handily. Liddell got handled over there.

I think the UFC protects the marketable fighters they have, which makes sense and is growing the sport. Not to many ugly guys or boring fighers getting title shots. Matt Linland left UFC because they wouldn't give him Franklin...I can't blame them, if he won they would take 5 steps back. GSP will eventually beat Hughes...may be 2-3 years from now but he will but he's exciting and I'm more then fine with that.

Google video has a healthy assortment of fights, I watch on there all the time.