Dave

January 2012 fishing reports

30 posts in this topic

well havent heard of a lot going on, typical for the winter doldrums. rock are still being caught but not in any good numbers. if you have a boat, they are still being caught up to the three mile line off shore. post any reports here fish or no fish. here is to a great fishing season in 2012.

Hope the BEST for 2012 for all you guys on fishing and family plans.

Good luck on Jan - Fishing.

Has anyone have any truth to someone catching an 80lb bluefin tuna, off the beach on assategue recently?

I have not heard anything about <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>, but I read someone in Bay Head <acronym title="New Jersey">NJ</acronym> caught a 70-80 lb bluefin from the surf.

I think this was early Dec.

assateague-tuna.jpg.178a358420dd3e8c3c70

What do you guys think of this?

That would be so much fun, once in a lifetime there.

Man... You only need one time: a lucky day, a rod on the sand and a line on the water!

"Google" up "Virginia Beach Bluefin Tuna" and see the big boys being caught within two miles of Virginia Beach. RIGHT NOW.

BA

That sure would be an amazing experience. However, I do not think it was caught from the beach. If you look at the fish, it looks pretty dried out. Also, check out the sand from the fish to the surf... No foot prints? See the washout line from where the fish has been laying?

If it were actually caught from the beach, I'd be living there.