Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flatfish

Surf Fishing Dec 10

10 posts in this topic

Well it looks like the fish are finally in the surf, IF you can find some clean water and some fresh bunker, now is the time to go get them. I started out at Herring Point. The water was dirty and full of dogfish and skates. I headed south until I found some clean water at one of the DSSP beaches. I set up three rods with heads or chunks. In about 15 minutes my big rod goes down. After a weak fight, I get a nice 32" up on the sand. I got some more doggies and some skates, then had a few bite offs. I upped my leader from 50 to 80 # and started catching blues. The biggest was 36" and gave me an incredible fight. All of my fish were caught between 3 hours out and low tide. It was chilly out there today, but well worth it.

Lewes-20111210-00086.jpg.eecc9ecd023a1d1

Selbyville-Frankford-20111210-00085.jpg.

5852a5acb2416_stripers12-10-11001.jpg.51

I bled the striper and released the blues.

I made "poor man's lobster" last night with about 3/4 of the striper fillets. It was incredible. My kids and I tore into the striper chunks dipped in butter. It really has the texture of lobster cooked this way. The wife even ate some w/o putting tartar sauce on it, and that's saying something for a woman who wouldn't even eat fish at all when we first got married.

I bled the striper and released the blues.

I made "poor man's lobster" last night ...It really has the texture of lobster cooked this way. The wife even ate some w/o putting tartar sauce on it, and that's saying something for a woman who wouldn't even eat fish at all when we first got married.

Great work here too... lol

Nice!!!!

Flatfish - Where did you find the bunker? If you don't mind my asking.......

Bucks Place had some nice bunker yesterday & All tackle was going to get some in yesterday as well...

I got my bunker at Smith's in Liepsic. I think they may now be done for the year though. Old Inlet had some today for $3 a lb.