Dave

december 2011 md fishing reports.

28 posts in this topic

Well its been real slow fishing, hope things improve, a few rock have been caught from the surf and bridge but few and far between, hope everyone has a great holiday season. Feel free to post all fishing reports here, catch or no catch, have fun.

So far, the striper fishing from the beach stinks! Not one stinkin striper in November for me...Hopefully things will change for the better this month. December fishing has been good in years past.

The Stripers have been hanging off of Jersey gorging themselves on sand eels. Gave it a shot last weekend , without success. Different kind of surf fishing over there, there must have been 5,000 people on the beach at Island Beach State Park, and atleast as many boats 300 yards off of the beach.Not many fish were caught, but when they were the people were fileting them on the beach and leaving the carcass' laying in the wash. It was ugly. They seemed to start moving south, so hopefully they show up at AI soon.Keep the reports coming, I have not caught a fish out of the surf in over a year, so I will be heading that way if they show up to try to get the dry spell ended.

4-8 ocean side again tonight. East wind smaller waves and current rolling South. 12's barely held. no fish

Fished yesterday for a few hours and managed skates and a 26 inch shortie. Then the 12 footer horseshoed and got this 47 inch 38 pounds

5852a5ac8960e_47inchstriper38lbs.jpg.a14

Very very nice feesh!:icon_thumright: What was the bait? Bunker I assume...anyway, great job and way to stick it out!

Very nice fish!

Coop, did you ever get a chance to see the photos of that beast you caught?

SOL reports some big blues in the surf of OC and a 50lb bass caught too. if they start going nuts dave/jon/sam you better call me! :icon_rabbit:

Very nice fish!

Coop, did you ever get a chance to see the photos of that beast you caught?

Here ya go Sam...last week 46"...got a nice 34" striper couple days ago along with chompers in the surf.

46.jpg.f74b462387c9a96a47c8267471695132.

SOL reports some big blues in the surf of <ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM> and a 50lb bass caught too. if they start going nuts dave/jon/sam you better call me! :icon_rabbit:

I don't think this season is gonna be all that great, but you never know.

went out night fishing...sea maggots...ends my fishing at night until spring...hate them things.

went out today and soaked some bait I caught a huge skate and this husky 45 1/2 26inch girth 38 lbs this beast almost pulled my spike out of the ground. hooked it after low tide.

112_1814.jpg.c942aa3be8e682da0727af68dcc

112_1815.jpg.67a797ef949b15c86b27866f87a

WOW another 50. To be 49in and 50 lbs is one fat thick fish. Congrats on that beasty girl monster.

Incredible fish, guys!

Andrew, I am holding off until spring. Hopefully, I will have everything in order by then.