Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Jet Ski Fishing And A Trip To Cayman Island

4 posts in this topic

My wife and I took advantage of some good rates and made a 6 day trip to Grand Cayman Island. We Departed Norfolk airport early on Thanksgiving morning and were walking the beaches by mid afternoon. This was our first time at Cayman and we loved every minute of it. The weather was perfect, around 85 and sunny every day. It did not rain until the day we were leaving, an offshore system brought in some big waves that were impressive to watch as they slammed the harbor at Georgetown.

We of course went jet skiing around the island, Karin of Jet Ski Fishing Safaris gave us a great tour by water to Starfish and Kaibo Beach.

I also went Jet Ski fishing and managed to catch a snapper and a small reef fish. Gordon, a South African native who is also with Cayman Jet Ski Fishing Safaris was an informative and fun guide who was a pleasure to fish with. They do a great job separating themselves from other PWC rentals by offering fishing, snorkeling and guided tours.

We rented a small car and tested each others patience (LOL) driving on the left side (wrong side) of the road. I kept hitting the wipers instead of the turn signal.

We snorkeled every day, toured the Botanic Garden and the Turtle Farm. I had turtle steak at a cool spot called Over The Edge Cafe. It was kind of like pork, but I think I would rather have pork. We ate lunch and dinner at a different place every day and were not let down by any that we chose.

Having the car was ideal enabling us cover the whole island and try a lot of cool beaches such as; Cemetery, Seven Mile, Smith Cove, Rum Point and some unnamed ones as well.

I took a lot of pictures, it is hard choosing which ones to show. Here are some them, not all in order.

bigwave2-1.jpg

brianwithasnapper-1.jpg

gordononjetski-1.jpg

jetskicharter-1.jpg

viewfromcar-1.jpg

danger-1.jpg

rainbowonbeach-1.jpg

palmbeach-1.jpg

cindypettingturtle-1.jpg

baybegreenturtle-1.jpg

biggreenturtles-1.jpg

overtheedgecafe-1.jpg

turtlesteaks-1.jpg

brianatcayman-1.jpg

caymandollar-1.jpg

caymanhell-1.jpg

caymanshoetree-1.jpg

briandive-1.jpg

spottedflounder-1.jpg

reeffish23-1.jpg

eelhead-1.jpg

reeffish-1.jpg

spottedray-1.jpg

starfish-1.jpg

smithcove-1.jpg

seabird-1.jpg

egret4-1.jpg

lizzardintree-1.jpg

iguanahead22-1.jpg

greeniguana-1.jpg

blueiguanahead-1.jpg

shipwreck-1.jpg

Nice!!!

Great for you guys, You did have a great time by the report and the pictures... was a GREAT trip.

I miss the carivean Island too, my wife home town is on Domincan Republic... A great place too. :eusa_dance:

Thansk for the pictures!!!! :D