ECX

Best Place for Surf fishing tomorrow 11/8?

7 posts in this topic

I am looking to go surf fishing tomorrow.

Any suggestions on where to go?

What bait/lures to use?

Anything biting out there?

I am new to surf fishing and this will be my first time really trying. I have soaked my rods during the summer a few times and have caught a few blues and sand sharks, but tomorrow I am on the hunt!

I was thinking Henelopen?

Henelopen, Assateague island or even some places in Ocean city... as for bait if you can find fresh bunker that works the best, if not frozen bunker, spot or fresh clams

Good luck

Indian River Inlet... You have the inlet and the beach for surf at the same time.

I'd stay away from frozen bunker. I have never caught a thing on it. I have some right now that I got right off of the boat. I took it home and vac packed it immediately. It looked fine when I cut it up to fish. It was white and firm and stayed on the hook nicely, but it caught zero fish. I'd get some big chowder clams if I could not find any fresh bunker.

Got burned by Ole Salt Bait and Tackle in Lewes... They sold me "Fresh Bunker" that was clearly frozen & thawed... 100% complete Mush! The only part of the bait that would stay on the hook was the head, what good is that... so, All we caught from the surf at Henelopen today was 2 skates. :(

Check your bait BEFORE you leave the store to insure that it is actually what they claim as Fresh!

question: if i go surf fishing in Delaware, how many rods can i fish at once ? And from what ive read, it sounds like it is legal to fish at night (from sunset to sunrise), is this correct ?

Good questions, I was wondering that myself... How many rods? Although, 2 is probably enough to monitor, especially if the fish are biting!

Can you stay on the beach overnight? I wanted to go down around sunset and fish till sunrise. Where can you do that in Delaware?