Dave

november 2011 reports

42 posts in this topic

Well Oct was slow, here's to a great November, post all reports fish or none, be safe and have fun.

@ Assateague this morning and the sea was

angry today my friends. Should have traded my poles for a surfboard.

No dice on any catches.

@ Assateague this morning and the sea was

angry today my friends. Should have traded my poles for a surfboard.

No dice on any catches.

Dats funny right there. Hope that changes by the time the tournament rolls around. My guess is the recent cold weather may push things along - I just hope it coincides with the weekend of the 19th & 20th.

Fished the island yest. caught a croaker, a flounder, and a skate. Nice to actually catch something for a change.

fished AI the last 2 days. no rockfish

Thanks for the info! It should be any-day now. Usually the 1st wave through are the biggest.

Hit the 50 bridge last night due to lack of bait, two rock caught one in the low twenties the other 27". Seen one in the low 40" range brought over the rail.

I know some guys that have had some luck out at fenwick sholes. They came in the other day with about 10 rock. All over 40 inches.

Just found this site.. Looks like an awesome source!! As my screename implies, I love to fish but don't have a boat.. Have never even done any surf-fishing yet, but recently acquired 2 surf rods and got them spooled up ready to rock.. Thinking about driving down to the shore and giving it a go, but first want to make sure i do it completely legal.... know about the 2 rods per person, 2 hooks per rod, and i will definitely get my state saltwater recreational license (and FIN card), but will I need anything in addition to these ? if i try assateague, will i be able to setup camp for a day or two, and fish throughout the night ? Thanks much

Hay boatless welcome I'm general. For fishing AI this time of year pleas be extra careful as the reangers are few and far between... Fishing AI. Is a 24/7 actively fishing required un less in a camp sight (if you drive on the sand I'm not sher about the state side) if you do want to drive on the sand ull need a permit and some safty gear like a shovel a jack and boards and a tow rope. Your best bet would be to call the AI ranger station