Rowe

Homemade fishing light question

7 posts in this topic

I was hoping to make a homemade light for fishing at night, one that projects onto the water such as a green floodlight. Not trying to sound cheap by wanting to make one, but currently Im a full time student and funds are tight. I was thinking of taking a clamp on light, the ones with a metal dome, and cutting the AC plug off and replacing the plug with a battery clamp on both wires so it can be attached to my extra deep cycle battery in the boat. Has anyone tried this to know if the the battery would supply enough power to run a 60 W flood light in that type of setup? If not, any other Ideas?Thanks in advance.

You would have to replace the bulb socket too, an incandescent bulb would not be a good thing to use. It's hot and one drop of water would bust it. You couldn't use 12v for a 120v unless you had an inverter inline.

For a ready-made solution, check here...

CoastalNightLights.com

I have his spreader lights are they are BRIGHT!!!

Perhaps he can put green bulbs in.

They are LED are not much drain on the battery.

Just saw this... Thanks Steve!

If anyone on here has a truck camper, I am wondering if the side porch light with 1156 bulb gives off enough light to fish by or should I upgrade to a brighter 12v LED light? I have just recently gotten my camper and have only been out a few times, but not after dark yet. Just wondering:confused:

if you stay away from 'lights' your eyes adjust to the dark ..

only time i use a light is to dig bait out of the cooler or retie a shockleader .

and the the light i use has a red bulb in it so as not to hurt my night vision .

hell even the truck camper has a red led light in it for use at night !

Thanks Derf, I will keep that in mind... Now I just have to get the family to agree to fishing at night.. lol

I agree with Derf the less light the more you'll be able to see. AI is really bright at night if the moon is not covered by clouds.