wdinarte

Fishing the Rehoboth Beach, Delaware area October 1-2

10 posts in this topic

I did some quick run for camp/fishing @ Delaware Seashore State Park Rehoboth Beach, Delaware on October 1 and 2.

The fishing was ON!!!

Surf fishing:

I just did some surf fishing, the Blues was ON...

Mu pull was some Blues, skate and a baby shark all done around sunset...( NOT pictures, my camara give up with some E-140 error code ) I have some pictures but just the area not from fishing.

In my way out I stop by the Indian R. Inlet and around 11:00am the bite was ON too, some of the folks was having FUN!!! one of the anglers pull 4 togs on 20 minutes time frame, good sizes.

Here some pictures around the area...

The surf

HPIM3544.jpg.93830076afef67174cd9e5e2fd0

The inlet

IMG_0933.jpg.79a27ccb8eb24d8bfd51fb4b8a8

IMG_0937.jpg.17ab444878d1f37771bc1e262e1

IMG_0961.jpg.57a58ceacea3690131aaa9cd258

IMG_0944.jpg.70dd59c324179dc942d095c8ae9

be careful if you head out onto the jetty. korkers are a must, even when its not snotty out there.

I know, I was just to see the action and I see that it is one of the dangers places... The water rushing in on H-tide is NOT a game.

Anyone been on broadkill lately? I was thinking about giving it a shot this weekend.

Great day on the sand. The blues were ravenous. Caught a few flounder too - no keepers, all in the 16in range. But had enough blues to fill the smoker and make a few tasty meals.

Great day on the sand. The blues were ravenous. Caught a few flounder too - no keepers, all in the 16in range. But had enough blues to fill the smoker and make a few tasty meals.

Nice!!!

Never try the smok-blues but I read a lot of people like it, must be good :D

It is tasty. Another great day on Monday. I had fun catching the blues on spoons. They'd hit it on almost every cast. They are definitely getting bigger.

Any size to the blues?

The small ones were thick in OC, but nothing larger than 13"

I pull some around that, under 15 but the dude at my right pull two 16+ and more of the same under 15.

I caught probably around 8 blues in the 16" to 18" range. Most of them were the small snappers. I think the largers ones should be here shortly though.