31 posts in this topic

....tried fixxing my outboard problems on my own. changed the fuel filter, fuel/water seperator filter, new plugs(correctly indexed) and some fuel additive, checked all the fuses and relays. got it running for @ 2 mins on the trailer in the driveway and it started sputtering and stalled and would not re-start. Im thinking it's one of the fuel pumps or the ECM, atleast its all still under warranty, sooo back to Jenkins Marine it goes:roll: hope its fixxed before vacation in August:confused:

Man, that sucks. At Least its still under warranty.

Man, that sucks. At Least its still under warranty.

yeah, I hope they can fix it soon. if not, I'll just have to fall-back on surf fishing @ AI:cool:

the Red-X is dead the RED -X IS DEAD:D

....changed the fuel filter, fuel/water seperator filter, new plugs(correctly indexed)

Did you try replacing the outboard engine? Bet that would do it :D

Did you try replacing the outboard engine? Bet that would do it :D

no, not yet but that new boat and motor is startin' to look mighty sweet:D

Bummer, my buddy just sold his 23' Sea Ray complete with sink n head for 15k.

I really should'a bought it....

(smacks self upside head)

yeah, Im trying todo a deal wth Action Marine in DE on a 22' C/C but my brother wants me to look at a Scout 22' C/C in Grasonville first. my father-in-law wants my boat reel bad, so no problem gettin' out of mine but I gotta' get it runnin' again:D

Look at EVERYTHING before plunking down the green...

Look at EVERYTHING before plunking down the green...

yup, been down that road before. got brochures here on just about all small boat manufactors. ie: Cobia, Triton, Sea Pro, Mako, Whaler, Triumph, Pro Line, GW, Sea Fox, Sea Boss and more. right now it's between the Pro Line and the Triton, untill I go look at this Scout

and dont forget to sta as far away from mercs as you can!

and dont forget to sta as far away from mercs as you can!

I know but I may not have a choice as Brunswick(who owns Merc) has bought-up dozens of small (and large) boat companys in the last year and making Mercs mandatory now:confused: only 1 dealer I've found will-do the Evinrudes and a few still offer Yammy power:( and that Merc Verado is starting to look sweet:lol: but christ is that power-head huge

I know, I know:mad: but what can 'ya do, they (brunswick) are flooding up the market:confused: my brother swears by his 4 stroke Yammy and if I must chose, Cobia makes a very nice 22' c/c and is only powered by Yammys since Yamaha owns Cobia now

i had a 2stroke yammy on my last boat, got it to replace the anchor (merc) that died. loved that engine! also like the 4str suzuki a friend has

well just got off the fone wth Jenkins, seems there booked and can't look at my boat till the 19th of July:frown:

I'm in the business so drop me a pm and I'll see if I can diagnose through your symptoms. It's what I do.

sorry to hear bout the boat, but anytime you want someone to fish with on AI in the meantime just drop me a line.

well just dropped off the boat @ Jenkins this morning:frown: we'll see what happens:roll:

boat is done and I'll pick it up tomorrow:) problem was the plugs were all fouled due to the newer blends of fuels. I pretty much only use Shell or Sunoco and the plugs were just installed back about march of this year. so now I'll have to use this new fuel aditive now, something called "fuel guard". bill was $84.00 so I'll be ready for vacation in 2 weeks:cool:

yeah but I feel like such a idiot for not re-checking the plugs:eusa_wall:

nice, glad it wasnt major
Yeah, really!