Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finaddict

Delaware Surf fishing Report Sept 2011

8 posts in this topic

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I have been busy doing those "other things".

Anyway, fall is just around the corner, the Mullet are already running, the night are getting colder and the water as well:icon_thumleft:

After Irene there are Blues, Kings, Trout and Sand Perch in the suds. I have gotten a few undersized Flounder fishing the cuts in the beach. Pompano should be here, but with the storm, I doubt we will see them.

Please feel free to post your fishing reports here. Go Gettum:icon_thumleft:

Guessing I'm not the only one that didn't get out in September, not many posts here. Everyone must be waiting for Rock-tober Fest!!!

Yeah, it has been silent lately. I'm hoping to hit the beaches Saturday at 3R's or CHSP. It looks like it will finally be a fairly nice weekend. Anyone have anything to report? I heard I should stay away from Broadkill Beach due to the high amount of debris. Anyone able to confirm this?

Ocean front last weekend:

Lots of little blues from 6 inch to 14

Lots of king fish to 13

Spot

black drum small

trout small

Ling

Heard of one short striper

The weather was great Saturday. Consistently caught the small blues but nothing over 14inches. All on mullet rigs. Threw out a couple top and bottom rigs and couldn't keep the dogfish off of them. Was using cut mullet.

I like hearing all these reports about small trout in the water!!! haven't seen them in the past few years, hopefully they will get some size over the next couple of years.

Fish and camp by the Rehoboth/Indian R. Inlet, I did some surf fishing... Pull some blues, a baby shark and skate the blues was a good action, they blues was probable on the 20in+ angler next to Me pul some good size of blues.

I was ready to take some pictures and camara just "give up" with some funny error 104 and didn't work any more... I have some pictures on my good camara but none from the catch.

My firts time to the area, in my way out I stop by the India R. Inlet and watch how those dudes work ( fish ) the inlet, they are crazy fishing that area... IF I camp this area on the future I will be ready to do some fishing at the inlet.

A great trip but wind was strong on this area.

I'm fishing the DMS tourney and had a few questions. I read that the fishing area is The Cape Henlopen State park. I've never fished there and was wondering if their was a map of the area that were allowed to fish. Maybe a website or something i could check out. I fished this tournament 2 years ago and if i remember correctly the bethany and fenwick area were included then. I just hope theres plenty of room for eveyone to fish. Like i said i've never fished Cape Henlopen so i don't know how much room there is up that way.

Thanks for any help given.