Dave

september 2011 fishing reports

48 posts in this topic

well, summer sharking is winding down but the best fishing is just heating up. hopefully irene didnt slow the bite down to much, snapper blues are in teh surf along with shark, small flounder, spot, kings, and croaker. the rt. 50 bridge is producing legal flounder, blues, and schoolie striper at night. shouldnt be to long before red drum start making there showing. as long as assateague stays open we should hear reports of big reds. Also the red drum tournament will be near the end of september. if your in it. best of luck and see ya out there. post all your reports fish or no fish but most importantly be safe and have fun!.

Ahhhh, September... Its like a breath of fresh air!

Ahhhh, September... Its like a breath of fresh air!

For sure...super excited.

Yeah man,September and October are hot for fishing,and cool weather.......

Last night, one sandtiger at 8'9". Stayed until 8' s were starting to wash up.

Fish the west of the bay yesterday ( Sandy Point SP ) the Blues are ON, and the people too they are swiming around you fishing line ( on the fishing are only ) but still a good raining-fishing day.

Counting days and hoping found spot for camping @ AI on the end of September.:icon_thumleft:

had a good time jon and dave. loooooooooooooong drive home. very long. actually we stopped at a gas station and slept for 45minutes to make the drive. it was tough. send me all the pics i took dave. i need them :)

just sent them out to ya. looking forward to the vid. here are some pics from that night, anyway went out last night and couldnt hold with 12.

DSC04443_480x360.jpg.9a8530d7eae7ee9b778

DSC04440_480x360.jpg.e0197943e3970e7299f

DSC04437_480x360.jpg.802dcf3cac23451fe50

notice, the shark is in the water still, makes the hook removal tricky but not much more difficult.

just sent them out to ya. looking forward to the vid. here are some pics from that night, anyway went out last night and couldnt hold with 12.

TWELVE OUNCES??? Ok....I have used 12, but only when kayaking out whole baits (which haven't done for some time): YOU CAST 12's??? bravo. I'm very impressed.

and great pics, and glad to see someone so adamant about making sure the fish is OK.

in summary: win, win, and win. hahaha

I've had to cast as much as 14, and I do have one 16 ounce sinker, lol.

Last night I managed 7 schoolie striper from the 50 bridge, biggest was 22".

Nice catch. Read you couldn't hold with a 12. Is the surf pretty much screwed from all this rain? I was thinking about making a trip over to OC.

Sorry, not the rain, the hurricane. I understand ya'll haven't been getting much rain. It's been raining non-stop here in the DC area.

the surf has been screwed up because of the hurricane offshore. the 50 bridge has been ok.

Driffted the south side of 50 bridge on Thursday. Caught about 15 Flounder with only 1 keeper. The rest around 12-16 inches. Water in the AI bay is starting to clear up. Lots and lots of blues to steel your bait if your flounder fishing. Also catching some good size rock off of Deal island at south marsh and spring island.

here is a great pic from saturday before i came up! [ATTACH=CONFIG]10735[/ATTACH]

Tragic.

Nice job, Josh!

Thanks for the report.