SurfPlug

First Time Fishing North Part of Outer Banks

9 posts in this topic

Any of you guys have any suggestion what I need to fish the Outer Banks from shore. I learn much from a fella about the piers around Corolla. With the same fishing setups up here in Noreast be good for down there?

Any of you guys have any suggestion what I need to fish the Outer Banks from shore. I learn much from a fella about the piers around Corolla. With the same fishing setups up here in Noreast be good for down there?
Welcome,And Thank's for joining the forum surfplug,Live baits help a lot....

Thanks for the welcome. I am doing one charter trip and the rest of time hanging around the piers and surf. I never fished live bait before with the exception eels. Do you mean eels?

Fish corolla using a fish finder setup with a 12 ft rod. Search for a spot at low tide because u will never hit the outer bar down there, its flat and shallow. Use Cobb mullet for bait its about the only bait readily available down there unless you catch your own.

With all that said.....The time of year you'll be down there determines A LOT! When are you planning your trip?

Well, I will be taking a 12'-3" rod and a 10 footer down there to toss some bait. The longer rod is a custom heaver and the shorter rod is just to cast 5nbait. Hopefully, I am able to hit the outer bar, but in all likelihood I am in no condition to do any distance casting. It's has been awhile since I casted a conventional. Anyway I'm bringing down a few plugging rods as I am more comfortable tossing artificals.

I will be taking off this Sunday.

Thanks for the info guys.

Good luck Surfplug,I know you'll have a good time.Hope the weather co-operates for you........Bring us back some photos..

Had an interesting afternoon chucking 8nbait. Thanks guys.Need to scout the beach with my truck, but it was packed today.