Steve

Maui Jim Sunglasses - Bad

4 posts in this topic

Three years ago I started a thread on sunglasses.

Most folks wrote they preferred Costa.

I bought one Costa then I also bought a pair of Maui Jim and another Costa a year later.

The Maui Jim set separated at the bridge this spring.

I sent them back a week ago and they emailed me today and said they want $53 to repair them.

I am not pleased and will never recommend Maui Jim.

So much for a warranty.

Need to find a rep on one of these boards.

I love my Maui's. I've had them for about 6 months, and haven't had any issues at all. Since they are RX glasses though I have the warranty, so if something happens I can take them back to the place I got them and get them repaired. But, they are by far, the most comfortable glasses I've ever worn...

I just sent a pair of maui jims back for the same reason for the second time, they break right at the bridge piece above your nose. Both times they sent me new glasses so I am very pleased with there warrenty service. except for the fact that it cost me $5to ship them back each time, but when they make me pay return shipping its $10. I called and talked with samantha she was a pleasure to deal with and a great help.

Sent mine back 3 times in 4 years. Broken arm and nose piece same as above. I bought my first pair of Costas this year. They are rugged and quality. The MJ's are far more comfortable but are no good for fishing & boating.