fish-aholic

My Week In Avon!!! 20-27 August

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm posting this now, because regardless of my success, I will be posting my reports! We are leaving about 2am on Sat morning to drive down to Kitty Hawk to pick up my girls, then we'll goof off a bit and then down to a rental in Avon. Tackle Boxes are cleaned out and packed up. Reels that needed respooled are respooled. Oh and Kayaks are loaded on the trailer. I'm finally going to try my hand at Pin Rigging out on the T at Avon, maybe I'll get lucky and manage a cobia or King. It has been way too long since I've sat on the sand with a line in the water. My cousin is coming down from Canada but is leaving on Monday afternoon, so we'll definitely be sharking on Sunday night (biggest fish he's ever caught is about 3lbs). Anyone else down at that time want to spend some time on the sand let me know! I'm always looking for company on the beach!!!!!!!

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.....only 2 1/2 more hours of work until I'm on vacation!!!!!!

Ok, so we got down here yesterday morning. I managed to head down to Avon pier for a few minutes waiting on house check-in time. Big rays, frigate mackerel, Sheepshead and jellyfish everywhere. Managed to fish for about an hour yesterday and hooked into a 10" blue within minutes. Ali (oldest daughter) manged a small pompano in the cast net behind the wash....My brother manged 1 spot. At least I have a little shark bait now! Hopefully heading out to the beach shortly to start fishing, hopefully if the beach isn't crowded that 10" blue will be getting yakked out!!!!!

Good luck! Let us know how you do and have fun. :)