Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finchaser

Come to the AI-GMP WORKSHOPS!

5 posts in this topic

Next week three workshops are scheduled for the new Assateague Island National Seashore General Management Plan.

Proposals have been made that

could drastically reduce or even

eliminate OSV surf

fishing within the National

Seashore.

The meetings are scheduled for:

08/16/2011 - 4:30 PM 7:30 PM

Wor-Wic Community College

Workforce Development Center, Room 103-A

32000 Campus Drive

Salisbury, Maryland

08/17/2011 - 4:30 PM 7:30 PM

Marine Science Consortium

Education Center Auditorium

34001 Mill Dam Road

Wallops Island, Virginia

08/18/2011 - 6:00 PM 9:00 PM

Ocean Pines Library

11107 Cathell Road

Ocean Pines, Maryland

Come to as many as you can. But I believe there is strength in numbers and at least at one meeting we should fill the room with fishermen/OSV users. If we can put a LARGE number of very visable fishermen in a room it will make an impact.

I suggest that we all should be at the 08/18/2011 Ocean Pines meeting. The 6:00 start will make it easier for working men to be there.

Wear fishermen's clothing. Hats and T-shirts that indicate who you are. We want to be visable and identifiable as fishermen/OSV users.

Let's try to sit togeter en masse, not scattered around the room. If possible let's sit as near to the front as possible. Make them see us and look at us as each "idea" comes out of their mouth. It's no time for hiding in the back corner.

PLEASE BE THERE!

I am planing on going to the 8-16-11 meeting any one els going to this one pleas pm so we can meat up

general, i'll meet you at that meeting, will also try to make the ocean pines meeting. JOHN

I will be at WorWic in Salisbury on Tuesday! See you guys there!

well, i attended the meeting at wor wic, had some great discussions with the various nps staff manning the different stations. attendance while i was there was very poor ! the staff in attendace were very knowlegeable about the island, both past history and events, and the possible future natural events that will affect A I.

if you can't attend any of these meetings, you should go to the nps website, and send in your comments, on the proposals. JOHN