Hammy4260

Ocean Pines Flounder Tourney

2 posts in this topic

Fishing the OPFT this past weekend. Did kinda well despite spending most of the day dodging jetskis and trying not to get my little skiff swamped with boat traffic. Anyway, about 30 flounder, no keepers until 2:30 before a 3:00 weigh in. Rushed to the weigh in thinking it would be tight to get there either by driving or boating through all the traffic. Only had a 19.5 incher but had a better chance with that than keeperless minutes before catching him. Ended up being about 8 larger than mine. Anyway, looked as if only about 20 fish or so between 18 and 22.5 inches were weighed/measured in. Winner took over $1000 with calcutta.

Caught my fish in the inlet on a BIG live minnow.

Anyone know where I can catch some live spot (the smaller ones)???

Fishing the OPFT this past weekend. Did kinda well despite spending most of the day dodging jetskis and trying not to get my little skiff swamped with boat traffic. Anyway, about 30 flounder, no keepers until 2:30 before a 3:00 weigh in. Rushed to the weigh in thinking it would be tight to get there either by driving or boating through all the traffic. Only had a 19.5 incher but had a better chance with that than keeperless minutes before catching him. Ended up being about 8 larger than mine. Anyway, looked as if only about 20 fish or so between 18 and 22.5 inches were weighed/measured in. Winner took over $1000 with calcutta.

Caught my fish in the inlet on a BIG live minnow.

Anyone know where I can catch some live spot (the smaller ones)???

Yeah,that area has a lot of boat traffic to deal with,some are very inconsiderate.Try down by the Verrizano bridge for spot,use a sabiki rig,or small hooks with bloodworm..... I Fish for flounder in the back bay also.....