10 posts in this topic

I happened onto your board through a link in a shark story in Sue Foster's collumn, and liked what I saw! I'm a tad landlocked (out by the Blue Ridge), so it's nice to be able to check out what's going on by the water without wasting a 4 hour roundtrip on poor fishing. While any day fishing is a good day, that can't always be said about I-64!

I've spent 40 years living on the water in my native south Florida, until I was joined by a couple million new neighbors, and 6 years ago decided that things were a bit TOO cozy down there for my tastes. Needless to say, most of what I was used to catching (snook, tarpon, snapper, grouper, amberjack, etc.) I left behind. I've spent the last 6 years having to learn how to fish all over again, and I hope to pick up a bunch of tips from many of you through your posts.

Hats off to Sam for creating this forum!

well, welcome aboard:!: glad you found us, now hang-around and wet some lines:D

welcome abaord. some of us do the fresh thing accasionally too.

welcome to the boards.im in the same boat trying to learn to fish again.kinda weird fishing for trout in steams you could jump across to fishing in the ocean.lots of good info on here.

Welcome:) ,,,glad to have you on board.

Geetings and Salutations. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Driftwood!

And Travis - I hear you - I'm a trout fisherman turned salt addict - was just fathers day 2005 I got my first salt water rod....and look at me know - completely obsessed!!

Sure - there is something very beautiful and spiritual about fly fishing for trout....but you just can't compare the raw power that some of these saltwater fish have...combined with the fact you never can be quite sure what may grab your hook - big ocean out there....

Gotta love those schoolin' blues and rockfish on a fly when they are busting out in the middle of the Bay! That's one thing that I HAVE learned! Talk about addicting...

Talk about addicting...

Now you understand, my friend.

oh sam you dont even know yet, you havent picked up a flyrod. it may be more addicting than surf fishing