Andrew K

Question: Anyone fish the jetty/rocks at OC inlet?

6 posts in this topic

ive seen people fish there before, always thought about it, wonder if anyone on here does......any thoughts?

Tog, rock, blues those are the usual critters. Careful though, tons of snags.

I fish there with floater sinker lures and have caught lots of striped bass.And have caught some nice tog also.They are tricy to catch,gotta use small hooks and crab or sandflea baits.I use old spark plugs for sinkers attached with a rubber band.When you do hook one,the sinker is what gets snagged between the rocks,the rubber band will break off without loosing the tog.I spent a lot of money on lead before starting to use this method...and lost fish due to snagged sinkers...high tide is usually best....

on the imcoming tide rockfish will sit right in the white water waiting for bait,you got to get in there though so the tip on the north and south sides are the best, just watch out for the rocks. fish topwater water plugs, walk the dogs and stick baits and throw them right up near the rocks where the white water is. you can alot of times see the fish hit the lure which is awesome fishing. plenty of bigs ones out there, but mostly schoolie size but still lots of fun. Fly fishing using the same method is also great but you need a fly with some size , i like a big yellow half/half on a 1-0 hook, just cast near the rocks and let the fish nail it!

I Also have found some sheephead over on the south side,fishing with crab or sandflea baits......