Dave

random photos

84 posts in this topic

nice pics bud, that last one looks real cold..

Yea they finally kicked us of of the beach, it was a nasty day but the fish didnt care. Im kind of glad they did because im stupid or crazy enough i would have stayed out there and turned into a icecube.

awesome pics guys, dave i remember that pic that was quite a few years back.

I had this early morning visitor in the backyard today. I was walking the dog and I nearly stepped on her. She had decided to lay her eggs in the backfilled holes where the fiber contractors had run innerduct a few weeks ago. I had seen several crawling thru the neighborhood last several days but first time I had one come into my yard.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11470[/ATTACH]

PICT2110.jpg.f1d54d9124a3ec1f6a34bb3df13

PICT2109.jpg.c66e5fe8c67b2682070732c34fe

Awesome rich that's cool, do you know the species?

Hey Dave,

Thanks I thought it was the coolest thing when I found it. Its a common snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentine). We have a state maintained storm water management impoundment in the woods behind the house and a small stream in the woods in front of the house - so not exactly sure which she came from. Eggs are supposed to hatch in late summer - I will keep an eye out.

This kept me from fishing this week. Couldn't leave the house for fear of being eaten. [ATTACH=CONFIG]11521[/ATTACH]