Jet Ski Brian

14 Cent Repair

4 posts in this topic

Yesterday morning started off great, my wife and I took our 1998 Polaris on a ride to New Point Comfort from our house in Poquoson. It was flat and glassy so it was nice 10 mile trip. Saw a bunch of turtle eggs that were exposed in part of the eroding shoreline and walked the beach for a while. We left at 0700 hrs and were back home by 1000 hrs.

Around 1300 hrs I decided to make a run from Poquoson to the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel to do a little fishing. I made it about 11 miles to off of Buckroe and then my ski started erratically surging. It felt to me like a broken motor mount. I could go slow but not more than 5-7 mph. I turned around and started making my way back home. A couple of my friends met me half way back and towed me the rest of the way home. After putting the ski back on my dock, I inspected it and found that an e-clip that holds the cable to the reverse was missing causing the reverse baffle to fall back while I was running. That is why it felt like it was running terrible. I went to the hardware store and got a couple clips and put it back together. A 14 cent repair job! Finally a couple pennies instead of several hundred $$. Today I will find a stainless one to put on it. Here are a couple of pics I took yesterday.

heronsintree-1.jpg

sunrise889-1.jpg

newpointcomfort334-1.jpg

buriedegg-1.jpg

beachbug-1.jpg

tern56-1.jpg

towingpolaris-1.jpg

eclip-1.jpg

glad it wasn't serious brian! as always great pics!

wow, nice pictures Brian ... and the the 14c is the best! :lol:

Unfortunate interruption to your fishing trip.Better luck next time.A little bitty clip let you down....Nice pics made for an interesting post.Thanks....