CbassBite <o:p></o:p>

BluelineTiles Too <o:p></o:p>

OfCarrots & Dramamine <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

HiAll, <o:p></o:p>

Beensome fine fishing of late; the catching. <o:p></o:p>

Lotof throwing back, but it certainly makes a dinner or three. <o:p></o:p>

Ourblueline/cbass trip was among my best trips ever. I believe we'll have a newstate record blueline tile from it when the dust settles.. There is nocurrent record; Maryland just included the species in their citationprogram this year. Jermaine Dickerson's 34 1/2 inch, 15.4 pound bluelinewill make a fine start -- It's the biggest I've ever seen. <o:p></o:p>

We'llsee if it gets certified. <o:p></o:p>

Onregular trips we've had some of our best cbass days this season, even catchingkeeper cbass on carrots. <o:p></o:p>

Yes,carrots; the pre-washed, pre-peeled kind. <o:p></o:p>

No,I wouldn't advise stocking up on them, or soaking them in Gulp Alive juice: Thebite was just on. <o:p></o:p>

Then offcome July 4th; They bit first thing & again late. On the 5th westarted hot--stayed hot--then finished cold. There was apeculiar presentation sea bass would eat even after the bite shutdown -- I was catching double throwbacks, another fellow single dandies;Everyone else was done-for. <o:p></o:p>

Buthad a fine mess for dinner. <o:p></o:p>

Twoof the last nine days we had a good sign of flounder too.. Not yet, butsoon. <o:p></o:p>

Tunasare now being caught by tuna fishers. <o:p></o:p>

Surewas nice getting lucky for a while.. <o:p></o:p>

Capt.Mark of the Fish Bonz has spanked the yellowfins offshore of late. He evencaught a 100 pound bluefin on a 1/2 day trip a couple miles from me today.Another yellow boat, Capt. Danny's "Finchaser" has been puttingbluefin on the dock too.. <o:p></o:p>

Checkout this video to see what's going on behind the bait.

Beensome crazy-good fishing & an occasional head-thump...<o:p></o:p>

Insummer we often carry folks who came with a more regular fisher. Please advisethis simple & inexpensive trip insurance: Dramamine! <o:p></o:p>

GreatScott! <o:p></o:p>

Takeany motion remedy the night before and put the 'tired' part of it to advantage.Then take 1/2 of one in the AM and another 1/2 at about 9:30 -- Very,very few over the years have lost a day doing that. <o:p></o:p>

Agreat many, however, have thought, "Oh, if Jim never gets sick, I'll befine" ..and then pray God all day for the shade of any tree. <o:p></o:p>

Preventativemedicine works. Bravado not so much. <o:p></o:p>

Fishing'schallenging enough without seasickness. <o:p></o:p>

Belowis a letter I sent my Congressman. <o:p></o:p>

Thepic was by Capt. Rick Younger on our recent 36 hour deepwater coral trip..<o:p></o:p>

Gardensquash broiled w/olive oil & Italian seasoning, Fresh slicedknock-your-socks-off tomato, Sweet-sweet corn--the dew wiped off that morning& a big plate of fried sea bass.. <o:p></o:p>

Thatand setting the alarm at 3AM to change engine oil before a fishing trip make itSummer. <o:p></o:p>

Wonderful.<o:p></o:p>

CheersAll,<o:p></o:p>

Monty<o:p></o:p>

Capt.Monty Hawkins

mhawkins@siteone.net

Party Boat "Morning Star"

Reservation Line 410 520 2076

http://www.morningstarfishing.com/<o:p></o:p>

.. Many are so certain of fisheriesdata --never more than an estimate-- that they will ignore the simplestbiology: As a country we are 'restoring' fisheries simply by catch restriction.

The reasoning seems sound, that fish will reproduce and refill the void: Untilsome grasp of habitat loss is held. <o:p></o:p>

Unfortunately far deeper than can becovered in a simple email; I assert that an understanding of what's missing isimplied by the word restoration-- That we'll 'restore' what's been lost. <o:p></o:p>

Presently we are attempting torestore our reef fish as if a terrestrial equivalent were tasked with restoringsquirrels to a Nebraska wheat field, yet never thought of a tree. <o:p></o:p>

On June 20th at 2 AM wewere videoing a reef off the coast of MD in 120 feet of water. Probablythe single greatest marine benthic ecologist in the Mid-Atlantic satmesmerized as cod, sea bass, lobster, two types of coral & numerousother growths played across the screen.. <o:p></o:p>

Until that trip, theonly rocks, and therefore corals, he'd ever seen were in 100-plus fathoms.<o:p></o:p>

We were filming from my boat; a boatthat was very nearly bankrupted when recreational catch estimates held MA, NY,NJ private boaters had--each state individually--outcaught the wholecoasts' partyboat fleet combined: Data treated with impossible surety, thesea bass fishery was closed by emergency action ..and my life's work almostlost. <o:p></o:p>

Attached is a picture we shotat about 2:30 AM. The video is awesome. <o:p></o:p>

Men, No One -- Nobody -- can look atthis picture and tell if the reef is artificial or natural.. <o:p></o:p>

Rolling rocks off a barge can makejobs now and sustainable resource use for centuries--millennia--to come. <o:p></o:p>

Water & Rocks Make Reef.

Reefs Make Fish. <o:p></o:p>

We'll need them for restoration. <o:p></o:p>

Regards, <o:p></o:p>

Monty <o:p></o:p>

You made me hungry with that part about the food.here is a shot i grabbed last week for you....

5852a5a23ae2d_LOWERSHORE-OC358(800x533).