Andrew K

Lynnhaven Flounder report

14 posts in this topic

so i got a kayak. and been taking it out, caught a few short flounder here and there, but this morning was almost epic :happy7:

caught 6 flounder, 19" and 21" on the stringer, one was a short and got a tag, another was a dink so released un harmed, and two more got off at yak side, but were also dinks.

first thing this morning had a striper crush a live mullet, but he went back too (since they are out of season).

fun morning, all flounder came off a bucktail with fishbites paddle tail.....gulps are my preferred bait, but the croaker are so bad this year you can't use them with out going to through 2 packs an outing.

back home by 1pm. oh yeah, lynnhaven was a ZOO! never seen so many people. had a guy get mad at me that i was taking too long to load my kayak (because he wanted my parking spot)....i laughed at him and took my time, had a snack, called a friend...lol.

IMG_0749.jpg.b82ce65fd1c3531385e428fd4c6

IMG_0752.jpg.931e0f51f866d26f3f715622d6e

IMG_0754.jpg.5b1b786ee2ff016fa635735633b

IMG_0757.jpg.024054f698c1316513dead93b2d

oh btw, Sam the third picture is for you....notice the fish sticker?? :happy7:

Nice catch, good eating, and a great shameless advertisment :glasses1:

Congrats on the keeper Flatties !! Looks like dinner !!

Didn't know you had joined the Yak crew, looks like you've bought the same boat as my new one that I picked up at the paddlefest this May.

I haven't fished Lynnhaven on the weekend for years for the obvious reason. You're a brave guy.

I fished the Little Creek jettys the same day for the same thing with two other yakers and between 3 of us there was only 1 Flounder caught so I may be looking to the Lynnhaven soon, just on a weekday.

Nice job! Great pics ( I don't miss much) :)

bucket - i need more stickers

Knot Crazy - the only time i dealt with boaters was at the ramp at crab creek, where i go they can't get too :glasses13: