GoBlueHens724

Route 9

7 posts in this topic

Hey, new to the forums, name is Trevor, hello to all. Just would like to get a report on what fish have been caught by you guys or have been biting on the route 9, Augustine Beach, Silver Run, Taylors Bridge, area. Last night around 11pm, I hooked a good size cat on silver run bridge right by augustine beach. I also caught a stupid eel, but plenty of other possible fish made their way off my hook at the last second :angryfire:. I'm heading down there again tonight, may head more towards Taylors Bridge area. I've been using night crawlers and catfish dough. I've heard of stripers of course, strurgeon, and some others in that area, anything else I should know about? Thanks guys, hope to hear some good fishing stories soon!

Welcome to the site and thanks for the report. I don't fish in Delaware very often, but hopefully someone will chime in with some more info. Good luck tonight!

i as well dont fishe DE but wellcome all the same

Welcome! Sorry about late notice, but I live in Bear and fish the Canal/DE River area. Right now mostly catfish, a lot of perch. Sturgeon *are* there, but I only hear of 1 or two caught all year, most sightings are dead ones washed on shore. There will be some resident stripers (schoolies/slots) but they're hit or miss. Bunker and crabs will work for cats, usually hit a few over 5# and not uncommon for 10#+. Perch have always been suckers for fishbites bloodworms or the real thing, some over a pound. Eels are a resident evil, but when the stripers are running, can be a prime bait in the 6-15" range. Anything bigger than that is bigger than the residents right now. Give it a few more weeks, with the heat and lack of rain, the salt line will move up towards the DE Mem Bridge and I have seen blues, flounder, spot, croaker caught from Augustine in late August through September, usually once the crabs are in full force up that far. I'll post if I get out anytime soon. Oh, I usually fish the rocks from the Canal or the Reedy Point Jetty, sometimes take the boat out around Reedy Island.

Thanks for the response, it sucks I don't have a boat because my luck would be a bit better if I had one. All I've caught so far are cats, if I could catch a bluefish or flounder around augustine that be nice. Ill keep trying my luck and maybe head out there Tuesday night, ill be sure to give you a report on how I did