Dave

july 2011 fishing reports

62 posts in this topic

Nice work. If u don't mind me asking, was the dorsal fin tall and just above the pectoral fins? If so sandbar, if the dorsal fin was behind the pectoral fins and short it was a dusky. If all fins had a black tip it was a spinner, and finally if all fins except for the anal fins had black tips it was a blacktip. Also, casting or yakking?

Here's a picture of them, and all baits were yakked out ~300 yrds with bunker. I'm the one in the white shirt, also the hooks were completely removed from the two smaller sharks and they were out of the water for no longer than 5 mins.

Hmm...from what you said, I wanna say dusky, but I'll let oyu take a look...sorry, I don't have any side shots of the first one right now, but it was the same species as the last shark.

DSC_1560-1.jpg

DSC_1569-1.jpg

DSC_1583-1.jpg

The third pic is definitely a sandbar, tall dorsal just above pectoral fins. I hope u weren't sitting on the first one. That kinda pic gives the wrong impression. I doubt you sat on it but it doesn't look goid. Just sayin. Be careful of the pics u post.. we want to be able to keep our sport. Nice healthy lookin fish though.

good looking fish but ya be mindfull of handeling, gerat sandtiger iv always loved them awsome toothies

Oh ok cool. I knew sandbars were common, but I wasn't sure. And yea, I was only keeping my knees on it's sides so it wouldn't twist around, it was the only pic I had. Thanks for the info.

No problem, just trying to keep the environmentalists off our behinds, lol. Again nice catches.

went out last night no stinking luck. meet up with a few members, good people hade a good time maby next time we can get into somthing :/ its been a finniky shark season for me had a few take downs but no real hook ups i plan on going out tonight

Nice meeting Rick and company... had multiple hits, but all spit the hook. My normal hook I cannot get, so trying to find a good alternative. Thought is try gami big river, 10/0 and they suck.

Ok the hook problem is still an issue...tonight 4 hook ups, lost three. Landed a 6'1 sandtiger barely.

Tomorrow, I am scouring the east coast for my go to brand.

dave let me know what brand im coming up that way saturday....

Mustad 11/0 duratin cheapies but they seem to be the hook that catches.. I will post model number here soon.

fished ai friday night 4 nock down no hook ups ,1 spit hook , 1small shark, 1 gaint ray brook off at wash, and had a steel leader bit off, does this happen often never seen it before

fished ai friday night 4 nock down no hook ups ,1 spit hook , 1small shark, 1 gaint ray brook off at wash, and had a steel leader bit off, does this happen often never seen it before

ive seen it hapen befor my thought is that the wire gets clampet between the teeth and the shark changed deraction ALOT! or gives alot of head shakes and snaps the wire

GUESS WHO IS COMING TO TOWN.......dave - i hope you guys got all the rays out of the way.... :booty:

Andrew , sad to say there are still some here! Landed 2 tonight along with a nice sandtiger which we lost in the suds!

Don't worry Andrew def saved a few for you.

You even win a prize if u get the one a shark took a bite out of, lol.

nice guys. ill be up in ocean city for a week fishing by the hotel and AI. if you see a white 4 door Tacoma with VA plates stop by and say hi.

I'll be down on AI Monday in a green chevy s-10. Would like to meet some of you guys !

Been fishing AI since 3:00pm yesterday. One ray, two spot, one short flounder. Fishing could be better.

Been fishing AI since 3:00pm yesterday. One ray, two spot, one short flounder. Fishing could be better.
Ha Ha ,Yeah rivershark,When that happens,I set up a light tackle rod,and cast and slow retreive some small jigs.fills in the gap.....

went out the last 2 nights..... not a darn thing had a good time fishing mid OC with dave and andrew K just to bad we got nothing:disgust: