Dave

july 2011 fishing reports

62 posts in this topic

Well compared to last year we are on par. Water temps rising with all your normal summer critters being caught, spot, and weakfish are being caught as well as short flounder and snapper blues. As for pullage, youve got your shark and rays.. I personally have never seen so many huge butterfly rays as I have caught this year. Avg being 65" width. The bigger shark are showing but not in any great numbers as of yet. My tally so far is 15 caught in the past three weeks. By the end of last summer I had caught over 100. So things are lookin up for a good shark season. But be advised, if u are targeting shark know your species and how to handle them. If u wanna learn and haven't fished for shark before send me a pm. I'm more than willing to take you out. We don't want to lose our only summer fishing with pullage. And as always be safe, have fun, post all your reports catch or not and have a happy 4th.

well its to bad no one has any reports for last night :dontknow: but im heading out to night cast some loce my way and ill report in a few hrs

Well good luck, hopefully the bugs will behave for you. Last week was rediculous!

umm... famly sight buddy......

ya bugs wornt bad, for once lol, i did how ever wach a few people fishing that was EXTREMLEY UP SETING!! thay wher fishing for shark, i know from the yaks thay useed and the rods. but thay set ther bait out with swimmers only 30 yards from them?...... a little comen sence people. then later after ther buddies "wiped" a good 20 orso donuts on the beach. thay had somthing on the line it was a sand tiger big guy too but thay keeped it out of the water for 20minits?..... and then did little to resusetate the shark be for releasing it????......ok..ok yes i was 150 to 200 yards away waching this i dont know any little problome that may have poped up but when you spend the first 10 min running around like you never seen one before and taking "hero picks"..

im not saying thay did any thing wrong but it just didnt set well with me

just as a remimnder how would you like to hold your breath for 20 min whyel being crushed?....

o ya i had a few good take downs but the sharks wher being pickie one big ray naver landed him

20 minutes is wayyyyy tooooo longggggg for a release.

Agreed coop, I saw the whole thing, first off they were a group of kids with two diesel pick UPS, one which was a daully..tried to call the rangers but no answer. After watching the daully park perpendicular to the dune line. The other truck was back and forth picking up people and doing donuts. They setup next to a family swimming. Then when they did bring the shark in I timed the release, it was 15 minutes before hook removal, them another 5 before actual release. Needless to say I was highly agitated.

Thats discouraging. Takes one bad apple to ruin the sport for everyone. I've seen people burying sharks on the beach after they washed up from mishandling. I'm still up here in Pennsylvania wrangling catfish. Hopefully I'll get down there this month to safely release some toothies. Geat site you have here.

Lemme know, ill gladly meet up with ya.

Last night one 55" sandbar, tagged and released all in under 3 minutes.

Dave, that's a good release. Pm'd ya but your box is full.

it shouldnt be but i emptied it anyway, pm me anytime. actually gettin ready to head out now.