Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmies48

Fireball over Assateague?

7 posts in this topic

It was Wednesday night about 11:10 we were on the island fishing {not catching} when I looked up and see a fireball that appeared to have exploded from the trailing side and kept screaming across the sky over the ocean. Im guessing it was a meteor but have never seen anything this bright in the sky before like this. I captured a few seconds on my video camera but its really shaky. Its actuall 2 quick videos. The 1st shows it closer up and the 2nd video you can see how fast its going as it shoots past a star. I returned home on Friday and my buddy said his co-worker saw it from Catonsville. Anybody else see this?

[video=youtube_share;l0PQ8dt_gOE]

There was a rocket launch from wallops island wensday eve. Or a meteor, they are common to see out their.

yep that was the rocket launch.

Yep, Minotaur rocket launch-was delayed from around 2100 to just after 2300. It was visible from NC to New York. The "explosions" were the stages/boosters separating. Way cool to see wasn't it? There's another launch from down there supposed to occur on the 5th.

It was pretty cool to watch. I just wish I wouldve have known ahead of time to see more of it!