16 posts in this topic

whadya think,,,is he telling the truth?

Mighta done that little fella a favor with that netting in its gills. :confused:

It does look like a mako.

it only kinda looks like a mako......but with them cutting it up on board they knew what it was:roll: how stupid do they think everyone is? if you are gonna kill a shark you want to bring it in whole for bragging rights other wise you release it. I have had a facination with sharks since I was a little kid and I think they are amazing creatures, they should not be killed with that kind of flagrant disregard for the law, for nature, and respect for the proud creatures that they are. If you are shark Hunting you should only take what you are allowed by law(those laws are there to protect what 65 million years of evolution has labored to produce the perfect predator) and what you are going to consume. They also should have brought it in whole to turn it into a marine research facility once they realized it wasn't a mako, with the netting wrapped around it it was probably going to die anyway and they are already in trouble so why not give the scientists something to look at. The only time I have ever heard of a sport fishing boat cutting up a shark out there is if they knew they were doing something wrong and wanted to hide the evidence, and its people like that that not only give sport fishermen everywhere a bad name but that kind of behavior brings the feds down on top of everybody.:mad: :mad:

even if it was a mako, didnt it have to be brought in whole, in cae the length needed to be verified or something?

sounds fishy to me

Eck! I wonder how it tasted....

Those poor ppl thought they were getting a treat...

I mean, my gosh, I'm looking at it on a screen just like youz guyz.

I can CLEARLY see it's a White and I'm not even a charter operator!

Yeah, cutting it up to hide the evidence...

The Capt's license needs to be suspended or a large monetary fine posed on the operation.

I wonder if pictures would be evidence enough...

Didn't it say they just free gaffed it too? It was not caught on hook and line, isn't that illegal as well?

You can easily see it wasn't a mako from the pics, even if they couldn't tell from 12 ft above. I'd have been pissed if they didn't at least let me hook him up and fight him.

I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, we have all bent the rules one way or another at least once in our lives:oops: . But such blatant disregard for the rules..... come on. And even if they didn't really know what kind of shark it was, would you want to pay them to take you out fishing???????????? License should be yanked and boat impounded.

Igor, where did you say you work as a Game Warden???

I'm staying outta' yer woods....

<kidding> :D

I think a one year suspension of his ticket is in order.

And 5% of the company's gross yearly net as a fine.

Nope not a warden, I just like the rules because it adds another level of excitment to fishing, when you hook on to something you wonder if you can keep it or not. I have had 20 inch rock fish fight harder than 40 inchers. so you never really know. plus like I said before the more stuff like that happens the harder the goverment looks at the rest of us. I am sure all of us have "stepped on a flounder" to get that extra half an inch when its been a bad day or hit the stream the day before trout season opens at least once in our lives.... I have no problem with bending the rules, I just hate that kind of blatant disregard for the rest of the sport fishing comunity, because it only takes a couple of jack asses to spoil the fun for everyone.

Um, nope....

First, I have to catch SOMETHING....

I always figure everything is a throw back.

Sorry, I just can't fathom how they figure it was a Mako....

Heck, it's got the wrong nose and lines!!!!!

Not even to mention the longitutional protution to the tail!!!!!

Ok, we're all peeved.....

(what a dirtball Captain)

I am sure all of us have "stepped on a flounder" to get that extra half an inch when its been a bad day or hit the stream the day before trout season opens at least once in our lives....

I know I said earlier that it almost looks like a Mako...... what I forgot to say is that it only almost looks like a Mako if you were nearsighted, forgot your glasses, were looking the other way with a blindfold on......... ok maybe a little extreme but your right we are all peeved about that guy. I tried anything like that and they would have me in chains being dragged through the street with little kids throwing rotten veggies at me.

:D:lol:

You left out stoopid...;)

nearsighted, forgot your glasses, were looking the other way with a blindfold on

tryed the link but the site is down so I'll check later to see it...

no that would be Stooopid with 3 o's:D