Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rivershark

Castable Surf Shark Rig

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, My name is Jason from S.E. Pa. It's been a few years since I have landed a decent shark. I normally hit OBX for 1 week a year and the fishing is usually difficult unless I go offshore. I have my sites set on some Maryland beach sharking. I also lived in Florida for a few years in the 90's and honed my sharking skills there.

I usually yack out giant baits, however what I would like to ask is if someone could give me some pointers on current castable shark leaders/rigs. Thanks .

Malin wire 3-6" from your hook to 150# rub leader mono, then connect to your shock leader, adjust the length of your rub leader as you see fit. I use 6-8' but it is a bear to cast with that much line hanging off your rod.

Thank you Dave, I normally use the malin wire for the bite and rub leader at about 9ft long with heavy swivels using a brighton cast. I'll have to give the mono rub leader a try, it sounds more shark and angler friendly. I've read some of your reports and saw some of your catches on the threads here congratulations on alot of nice catches!

Thx, its just a setup that's works for me. If u ever want to wet a line drop me a pm.