GENERAL

SNAPPED!! rod

15 posts in this topic

ok so i just snaped my 11'6" tica rated 4-10oz (like 20" is gone) and was wondering if i wher to clean the end up and put a new tip on is ther a formula to calculate weight to length?

any and all info for working with a snapped rod is welcome

Dont know about a formula,but if you cut it clean past the cracked area,and replace a appropriate sized rod tip.It can be a servicable rod till you can afford to replace it.It'l never cast the same though.

well for thoes who have worked with tica's, you know the sensitive part?.... thats what snaped off im thinking 9'6" HEVER!!!! lol

thanx whittlinden

Ya just add a new tip and you have one heck of a bridge rod..

pretty gnarly that you snapped a rod! that's unreal, I've chucked 8oz+ bait on $50 rods, had a reel lock up with 6oz several times, and I haven't broke any yet...you must really be getting the power down!

or those ticas are just not super tough?

well the rod is close to 5+ years old and ive been told i have a violent cast( wich i am working on) and i was fighting a 65" butterfly ray alone it finally seperated as i was landing it

Green, I have snapped several rods well within their weight rating, its easy to do.

Dave's right I've snapped two ugly sticks one was the tip about 8 inches down and the other was the butt end don't ask how but I did...

Gentleman you can not High Stick high modules graphite composite rods, period. They will eventually break, not saying you did but i've seen guys fighting rays and big fish with the rods bent in half. Rule of thumb no more than 90 degrees and in a perfect world the rood should be at a 60 to 75 degree angle to the water. Unless you are using eglass or a combination of kevlar and graphite in which case bend them in a pretzel.Tica has very good customer service, call them at

Tica USA

6952 South 220th St.

Kent, WA. 98032

Tel: 253-872-2024 or 800-390-5268

Fax: 253-872-5293

Tica USA

General questions

customerservice@ticaamerica.com

Warranty questions

warranty@ticaamerica.com

Thx for the information flame thrower.

ya..... my problom was not the fight but the landing ............. how do you land a 65+"(5.5ft) butterfly ray alown with no sand spick or any other kind of help?.....:icon_scratch:

Yeah, that car/truck door is murder on rod tips..... :happy2:

I broke a heavy/heavy one time.

Sounded like a firecracker next to my head.

Old glass ones can splinter and throw shards too.

In fact, the rod type I gave Fishaholic break a lot.

Haha, kidding!