Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Jet Ski Fishing Chesapeake Light Tower--Coming Up With Spades

5 posts in this topic

Yesterday I woke up at 2:59 am and left my house in Poquoson Va. by 0400 hrs with my jet ski in tow.

I dropped my jet ski at Owls Creek Boat Ramp and Departed Rudee Inlet just as the sun was coming up. I stopped and threw a live eel at a couple of buoys hoping for a Cobia before making my way to the Chesapeake Light Tower. The CLT is about 15 miles offshore of Virginia Beach.

I was the second one there so it was pretty easy for me to get set up on the tower.

I geared up and jumped in the cool 68 degree water finding decent visibilty of 15-20 feet and plenty of Spadefish. After easily spearing my 4 Spades I swam around trying to get a couple underwater pictures, only a couple came out. By the time I left there were about a dozen boats. I did not see anyone having luck with rod and reel but maybe It turned on later.

On the way back I saw some big racing sailboats so I took a couple pictures of them. I also stopped at four sets of buoys still not finding any Cobia. I was back at the Ramp by 1100 hrs.

I then went back home cleaned everything up and drove to Richmond for one of my brothers birthday bar-b-q. I finally made it home by 2100 for a good nights rest. Here are some pictures from yesterday.

chesapeakelighttower-1.jpg

spearman2-1.jpg

spearman-1.jpg

spade19-1.jpg

rudder-1.jpg

soades15-1.jpg

reelaxin-1.jpg

providence23-1.jpg

patriciaann-1.jpg

everglades-1.jpg

sail-1.jpg

sail2-1.jpg

sail24-1.jpg

rudeeinlet-1.jpg

parasail-1.jpg

Kayakfishing-1.jpg

castnetter-1.jpg

yaker12-1.jpg

coryruth-1.jpg

blackfoot-1.jpg

yaker11-1.jpg

blakehayden-1.jpg

brianspade22-1.jpg

jetskibrianski24-1.jpg

Looks like a GREAT fishign-family day Brian!!

Great pictures, nice!

One of these days I'm going to try that! Thanks for the report and pictures, Brian.

Looking forward to it!