Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finaddict

Delaware Surf Report June 2011

8 posts in this topic

What a Spring we had. I hoped everyone had a chance to wet a line once or twice. The heat is on and the water temps are high. Very sporatic Stripers are still being landed in the suds along with a few Black Drum.

The usual suspects are being caught off the beach Croakers, Blues, Kings, Sand Perch and a few Flounder. T&B rigs are working the best with small baits. Sharks are also being landed and I advise everyone to please be careful and follow the rules.

Please feel free to post your reports here and share with us.

Tight Lines and see ya in the sand

Water color: off color/dirty - some bits of grass/weeds mixed here and there

Wind: light out of the East

Sky: mostly sunny

Water temp: unknown but warm

Tide: incoming

Time: 9a.m. - 11:30a.m

Baits: clam/chunks/peeler/FBBW

Rigs:modified FF and spot/kingfish rigs

Wrapping up a weekend on AI, fishingilrpa and I decided to hit DSSP on the way back home yesterday. With no luck on AI we were hopeful things would change as we headed north. Fishingirlpa hooked up with a clearnose within 5 mins of getting a line out. So we thought we were off to a good start. I mean at least she had some pullage right off the bat. Didn't turn out to be that way. Other then a few schools of something breaking/ working along the shore and her skate, we didn't catch or see much of anything else being caught. I threw some metal into the breaking schools but never did hook up with anything. They didn't appear to be large fish and I am suspecting that they might have been pods of baitfish moving up the coast towards the inlet or very small snappers from the looks of the few I saw clear the water.

All in all it was a great time on the beach, but our luck could have been much better. No matter, we will be back.

Fished DSSP on Saturday. Tried for a few Spot and Kings and was not let down. I guess there was another fish kill this weekend, but me and a buddy was the culprits this time.

Fished DSSP on Saturday. Tried for a few Spot and Kings and was not let down. I guess there was another fish kill this weekend, but me and a buddy was the culprits this time.
Nice job!

Fished DSSP today and "smoked" the Spot. As I was pulling in, there was a 40" Striper landed by a guy south of me. I was after little stuff, but chunked a big bait out just in case. As I was catching Spot and Trout a Ranger (pretty high up) stopped by to chat. After we got done talking, my Saltist was squeeling. I almost got spooled by the time I turned it. The Ranger is watching intentely. I knew it was a big shark, the pressures on now, the man is right there. Get it to the suds and it is a huge Sandbar. I had a buddy with me and the plan we had worked out in case we got a toothy critter, worked flawlessely. The Shark never even felt the sand.. The leader was close way too close for me, but Shawn did a great job.

After the release we got 2 thumbs up by the Ranger. We were just talking about the new regs a few minutes before that. I will say, they are keeping a CLOSE EYE on people right now. I'm just sayin...................

DSSP6-11-11004.jpg.6d2d8eb382b030c4c24bb

I also found that spot were thick this weekend, but did not manage to catch a single king. Saw several schools of bunker moving north during the early evening on Saturday. It's really neat watching dolphins coordinate an attack and work the schools. Other than that just one cow nose and one butterfly ray. Nice job with the sandbar btw...assuming your buddy just cut the leader close to the hook?

I will say, they are keeping a CLOSE EYE on people right now. I'm just sayin.............

Thanks for the update.

Great job on the spot!

I also found that spot were thick this weekend, but did not manage to catch a single king. Saw several schools of bunker moving north during the early evening on Saturday. It's really neat watching dolphins coordinate an attack and work the schools. Other than that just one cow nose and one butterfly ray. Nice job with the sandbar btw...assuming your buddy just cut the leader close to the hook?

Shawn did a great job, only left just a little leader hanging. He looked like he could use a little dental floss anyway.:icon_pirat: