Dave

june 2011 fishing reports

95 posts in this topic

no luck tonight. not even the crabs wanted the bait. got out a little later then i wanted to b/c i had to go eat with the family. will go out tomarrow morning and tomarrow night. hopefully catch some kingfish for bait tomarrow morning instead of just using bunker.

well i found the hot spot on the beach today.i caught 11 spot and 1 kingfish for shark bait. there were guys on each side of me and they didnt catch anything. so the one guys was trying to catch spot for sharks also but since he didnt catch any i gave him one and he caught a 28" striper on it. we will both be out tonight trrying for the sharks again.

Well, finally got out tishing this weekend!!!!!!!! Headed down to the camper and fished the lower potomac for a couple hours yesterday morning. No skunk, but I've definitely had better days down there. It was my daughters, their friends and me. We ended the day with just a few croaker, spot and white perch. About the time we pulled the boat up to the beach to anchor and head in, I decided to check the tides....Go figure, the 2 hours I had to go out and fish just happened to be Slack at Dead High......no wonder fishing was so slow. There were fish breaking the surface all over the place, I decided to pull up the bottom rigs and throw out the #1 Planers and Clark Spoons. 30-45 min of trolling through schools of bait and breaking fish not even one planer tripped....So I pulled them in and we went back to bottom fishing to round out the day with some more croaker, white perch and spot. I'll be down again next weekend, hopefully the blues will hungry for some clark spooks so I can start to stock my freezer with bait for sharking down in Avon at the end of August!!!! By the way...the boys LOVED being down at the river, it was a great time....I see plenty of river trips in the future now that they are old enough to enjoy the beach!!!!!!

Tonight, 6' dusky and 57" blacktip.

Do any good yet? I'll probably be out sun, Mon, and Tue. Look for the maroon f150 with surf rods standing tall in the bed if your looking to meet up with someone. Good luck bud.
I think you pulled in next to me Monday evening. Watched one of you pull in a shark. My wife ans son walked by you to get a pic of the ponies next to ya. I havnt caught crap all weekend. Skeeters have chased us off the beach every night so far this week. 2 more days to catch something before we leave!

Should've stopped by. That was general and i, it was a good eve but yes skeeters were very very bad after dark. If u set up where we were your gonna have a good chance. Best of luck to ya. I'm not gonna be back out till Sunday eve. Send me a pm next time your down maybe we can meet. Got caught in the wicked storms this eve.

i do beleave that was dave and i and skeeters dont normaly chase me off... but two days inarow tends to brake your will lol (thay where bad) i had a 5/5.5 ft black tip and a 2 to 3 ft ruffback ray

We were out there during the crazy sand storm and made it through that but the skeeters chased us off again Tuesdy night. This is the worst we have ever seen them. Hopefully tonight will be better.

my fishing teammate and i have a saying " reel men fish west winds!!!!" you may want to waer sweat pants drenched in bug spray lol

only have a few more days down here and still havent caught a shark. if any tips come to mind that you think may help please put them out here!!

Man... the IA bugs, just drink the bug spray like a coke and if you catch one you find a full tank of blood.

LOL

the rangers shoud hand out "i gave blood today" stickers lol