Dave

june 2011 fishing reports

95 posts in this topic

Fished down at Assateague today...caught one, but he was worth it. 19". Tough current. Couldn't hold the bottom.

Fished down at Assateague today...caught one, but he was worth it. 19". Tough current. Couldn't hold the bottom.

A 19" what? :)

Thats what i was thinking too but ya beat me too it Sam!!!

Inspiring minds want to know.... if it was a king fish that'll be citation size, if it was a rock id hope it went back. By the way, what weight lead were ya throwing to hold?

Oops. It was a flounder. It was just a simple surf rig w a 5 oz weight.

Oh, I Gotcha. I find I can usually throw 6 to hold on calm days occasionally less.6 to 12 is norm though.

damn 12oz weights are haws. and a 19" flounder off the beach is good. i've caught small ones but never a keeper off the sand that's good stuff

Thx Stephen. He tasted pretty good too.

Dave you sound like a pro?

Not a pro, just a regular at assateague.

Beach tonight, one mid size butterfly ray, one 9'3" sandtiger, tagged and released without bringing her outta the water. Just shy of my pb.

hit the sand last night one nice ray couldnt mesher it tho wave came and reclamed her.had a nother good take down but the line was niked and let go

How did you catch one that big? Do you kayak out?

How did you catch one that big? Do you kayak out?

No, I cast all my baits. I guess you can say , skill, luck, and experience help me. Skill for the fight and getting the casting distance, luck for the right place at the right time and experience is knowing how to read the beach, and proper rigs, time of day correct tide etc. All of it is a factor.

ok went out last night and i..... feel like a like a gardner i was dealing with somuch grass!!! totaly stunk!!!! not a thing

I got another keeper flounder by bouncing a white bucktail in deep water. :icon_wink:

dave that is a monster.....your killing me.

Sam, are you fishing hard currents? i got a rig for you to try when yaking for flounder, ill take some pictures.....

I did a quick "run" to AI to the National Seashore for one night camping two days fishing nothing just baby flounder, wind was strong on Wedn.

IMG_0158.jpg.2f92aeee20378acf23d1f2f6dbb

Wife catch

IMG_0170.jpg.ad453e64cac20951e5c4f17b1b6

I catch two of this babys... still pending for a good catch!

I did a quick "run" to AI to the National Seashore for one night camping two days fishing nothing just baby flounder, wind was strong on Wedn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10410[/ATTACH]

Wife catch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10411[/ATTACH]

I catch two of this babys... still pending for a good catch!

Keep at it, buddy... You'll get into them!

Thanks Sam...

I try my best but this " beach read " is killing Me.

I probable will try to get a good class with some of you guys... lol lol

need to learn how to find the "good spots " on the beach.

You'll figure it out. Just put in your time and you'll be rewarded. If your ever down in the early part of the week send me a pm. Id meet up with ya.

ill be coming down tomarrow for a week so i should have a real report up tomarrow night.

ill be coming down tomarrow for a week so i should have a real report up tomarrow night.

Do any good yet? I'll probably be out sun, Mon, and Tue. Look for the maroon f150 with surf rods standing tall in the bed if your looking to meet up with someone. Good luck bud.