Dave

june 2011 fishing reports

95 posts in this topic

Coop, I'm not sure id want to do that again, especially with my torn shoulder tendens, lol. Just wanted to see what felt like the red October on the end of the line.lol.

all i can say was "i was there and i want one!!!!"

Hey Dave,

Great Fish! I'll bet your Butt was tired after that! I don't think I would have lasted for 1 1/2 miles. Thanks for a great report!!

Hulk

here are the pics from last night.

it did not feel like a typical sandbar in any means whatsoever. good runs but no lightning fast runs just constant hard pullage, there was no turning this one on my gear, i had to go where it wanted me to go. it just about spooled me twice. i could actually count the amount of wraps left on my reel both times, and i have just about 400 yards of line on my diawa. was for sure the most challenging battle i have ever had.

I decided to hit the Rt. 50 bridge last night to see what kind of critter I could snag. I don't think I have ever seen the water so alive! There were dozens of large gar hovering in the shadows, too many cow nose rays (hooked into three of them), horse shoe crabs, bluefish, shad and stripers. There were keepers caught, but I could only manage a 23"er. Great time!

It has been fun out there. Glad you got out for a while Sam.

Sam this is for you. I told you I would get him. Taken this spring.

DSCN0636.jpg.1d32a6a61636b231a04feda0bed

Sam this is for you. I told you I would get him. Taken this spring. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10376[/ATTACH]

Great job! What did he bite?

I went back to the OC bridge last night to see if the action was still hot and it was! I have never seen so many people catching fish at one time.

I ended up with 11 stripers with the largest at 27". Plenty of bluefish in the mix with the occasional shad and various stingrays.

It seems the hot ticket for the stripers is white soft plastics with a 1oz jig head.

Fun times

strawberry jello oatmeal doughball
very cool

Sounds tasty,lol. Great job Sam and oc trikeguy.

hallright yall just got off da beach and i can add 3 knoches on my ........ray belt :( not what i wanted but my best was a 65" butterfly ray

5 rays last night one lost, thank heavens. Biggest was 74". It was pretty much none stop butterfly rays all evening. Tons of bait in the water just before sunset.

Sounds like a fun night on the beach... Hopefully all the bait is around this Friday night and through the weekend!. Nice going again Dave!

hit the sand tonight ..... then had home problems and had to cut it short ........TO short no pullage

Hit the bay behind Assateague at 05:30 yesterday morning in search of flounder. I was fishing from my kayak and the conditions were beautiful. I paddled about 10 miles and caught 11 flounder between 14"-17" and one keeper at 18".

Most took lures. Also was surprised by a very feisty kingfish who wanted my minnow. Great day on the bay!

Congrats Sam, I went out yesterday and caught 6 kings, cut short to help a friend. Tonight one 64" butterfly ray, one missed take down, but the rod bounced back up as quickly as it bent over. Oh well, till Sunday eve.

hit the sand with dave ...... and not a thing for me !!!!!!

glad you guys are getting into something! been real weird down here on the beach so far this year..................

i kinda know what you mean andrew if it wornt for the ray's ther would be nothing out right now

Fished from the kayak today from 06:00 to 18:00. Covered over 10 miles again with two short flounder to show for it. My arms are SOOOORE.

Fished the oceanic pier today from 3am to 8am. One short flounder about 15" on fishbites squid. Then went and fished the bulkhead at 2nd street with no luck. Saw a guy catch 2 small Tautog.