Cdog

Parkway/Yorktown Pier 5-25

4 posts in this topic

Went in search of flounder again today with almost the same results as last time. Nada on the Parkway except baby flounder biting the very end of my gulp tails off. Went to YT pier and tried jigging the pilons with no action. Guess its time to put the gulp up and start using live bait.

Don't know if you've ever read about what I use but it's a little of both and works well especially when jigging. I call it a Gulp/Gudgeon sammich and I'll use a Gulp on a lead head just like usual with the tail pointed away from the hook but I also add a gudgeon hooked through the gills and out the top of it's head on top of the Gulp for more movement that = more visability and scent.

Don't know if you've ever read about what I use but it's a little of both and works well especially when jigging. I call it a Gulp/Gudgeon sammich and I'll use a Gulp on a lead head just like usual with the tail pointed away from the hook but I also add a gudgeon hooked through the gills and out the top of it's head on top of the Gulp for more movement that = more visability and scent.

I've done gulp and a strip of cut bait but not a gudgeon. Will have to try it, thanks!

I've done gulp and a strip of cut bait but not a gudgeon. Will have to try it, thanks!

Ditto! that really sounds interesting! I've had good results for spot with the BWFB/REAL BW combo. . . this might be comparable.