La Vida Pura

AI Techniques

7 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Trying to get my bearings on how it's all done. I totally appreciate all the help on here. I love it. Grew up in Ca and am loving the fishing in <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>. Last few times I've been out I've been skunked.

Are there spots, or holes which are better fishing? Now I totally get not divulging fishing spots, but just wondering what conditions/characteristics I should be looking for. Better fishing the more south I go?

Also, distance-wise, I have always tried to cast it out as far as I can, but noticed a few people on Saturday fishing a little shallower. Should I try to be going past the break/sandbar?

I get these are all newbie questions, just looking for a little help.

Thanks all, I really appreciate it!

Ai can be brutal on ya fishing if you don't know what to look for check out reading the beach in the general discussion forum. and yes for striper fishing you want to keep a line in close, I usually toss one close one medium and one long.

Here's one post on Reading the beach some good info in this post, Try using the search there's a lot of good post here...

Good Luck and hope to read some reports soon.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the help. What a great article. Good to have the direction. Now I don't feel like it is such a crapshoot. My buddy said it best, "looks like we've been wasting a lot of bait." Thanks again, I'll be sure to post with some good catches. Appreciate it!

..... My buddy said it best, "looks like we've been wasting a lot of bait."

its not wasting....its "research"...