57 posts in this topic

:) It's hard to beleive we are already in October. I am not sure where the summer went but the weather is cooling off and so are the waters. Good fishing is just ahead of us. Stripers will soon be making a return to our waters and there could be a few red rum left. We are now starting to see some snapper blue action, and as the fall progresses, big blues will be in the surf.

Feel free to post your fishing reports here. Get your feet in the sand and have fun!

Ahhh.. The smell of the cool sea air at 3am... As I sat alone on the beach at 3am this morning, waiting for the rod to double over I looked around and just about got lost in the stars. It made me really appreciate how lucky I am to live in such a wonderful place. I am so thankful for our country and the people who fight to keep it free and beautiful.

10_01_05-1.jpg

On to fishing reports... Dave Swenson (Critter Gitter) caught this bad boy around 11pm last night. cg_drum_05-1.jpg

I had a great evening and morning fishing with Dave and Eric (Possum House). I couldn't have fished with two nicer guys.

Nice looking fish, Dave. Did it have your 250 yds of line :lol: ?

Looked like another great evening on the island. Makes me want to go out and fish,,,knocking down walls in the house,,,I was going to wait till winter but figured it should be a quick project,,,those pics make me want to drop the hammer and head out.

That's what I'm talkin about....cmooooon MEGA MILLIONS.... That 's the way to spend every morning. I'm about 3.5 hrs away from all that awsome action and don't get to make it over to the island as often as I would like. Plus gas prices I think are killin everyone. Anyway, great catch man.....hope there are more to come. Those pics really make you feel like you're there, I don't know if that's good or bad.....lol.

Nope still looking for that line. Sam puter working great-thanks a bunch. Good to fish with you and good to see you with the right surf fishin equipment now. Thought for sure you were gonna bow up. You didn't miss much after you left. I need to take a break for a while and wait for the stripers.

Great. Let me know if it starts acting up again, I'll giver her the old "heave ho". :D Thanks for the great stuff and advice. It is amazing how much better if feels to fish with the good equipment. I really didn't see the difference until I casted with them a few times. I wish I could have gone back to the beach, but I had so much to do and Carrie and Samantha needed some TLC. It was again, an honor to fish with you guys. :D

Hey Sam..very nice site!!

I really enjoyed fishin with you down in Coleman Country.

Mighty glad to be aboard :D

I got mugged pretty bad by the sharks and rays this weekend.Felt like I had been beat up haha.

Many thanks to you and your Dad for judging in the Tourney.

Erik aka Possum House

Went out fishing on the beach today to take sometime off from remodeling my house and was greeted to grass,,,tons of grass,,,tried a couple different spots and with the same result,,,unfishable :( ,,, decided to head back and put the hammer back to work.

Hey man. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. Thought for sure you had a drum (especially with the head shaking). Maybe next time. :D

Good to see you on board.

Kelley Van Ess sent these pics in. Thanks!

kelley2-1.jpg

kelley1-1.jpg

Any details? :?:

Hi all, I'm new at this web site... My first day here.. I love it. I have submited 2 pictures. hope they made it !!!

I fish off Deal Island. I sent 1 pic. of "My Rock" It was a 37.5" rock.

My husbands Rock was 39" We caught these nice Rock on Bloods...from Hitches, Best bloods on Eastern Shore.

Welcome to the forum, Kelley! I am glad you enjoy it. I have submitted the pictures for you and you can find them above your first post.

We hope to see more of those nice rockfish soon! :D

Thanks for all your helpful input. I was hoping I'd have some awesome fishing pictures from this weeks O.C. surf tourn.. But...!!! Weather put a damper on yesterday. Still fun with Great Friends though !!!

Very nice pics Kelly,,,welcome aboard :D . As for me today,,,no luck on catching anything today except for some dogfish,,,only managed a few hours of fishing,,,gotta get back at the remodeling,,,what a mess I have,,,cant wait to get this project over so I can fish!

Scott how was the grass today? Water must be starting to cool also. October is between seasons but in another couple weeks we should see first wave of Striper migration with peak season about Nov 7th to the 12th plus or minus. Sure hope I can bag another deer before November so I don't miss striper run like I did last year. November deer rut starts so it gets tough to prioritize. Things are cooling fast here inland.

Hi all, Tomorrow is my day off, going to try....for Rock & Trout. I'll let you know how it goes.

Go get 'em Kelley!

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Steve...

Team "Joint Venture" from the Mid-Atlantic Surf Anglers Tournament sent in this pic of a NICE rockfish caught recently on one of our Delmarva beaches. That is a great pic and a sight for sore eyes! We're looking forward to some details about this fish from one of the members soon. :D

jefffish-1.jpg

Kelley, Let us know how you make out and good luck,,,hope you get into em :D.

Nice striper,,,and from the beach,,,I need to get out there!!

This was a great day for Rock : Trout on the other hand... were there... but small. I'm leaving on Saturday afternoon ( this girl is on a mission) not coming home until Monday.

Have great week....fishing.

Well, I hit the sand for a few hours after work. I had some fresh bunker (3 days old) and some time to kill. This guy actually washed up on the beach and was flapping around! Only me... :lol: .

flounder_ashore-1.jpg

I got this bad boy just before dark. 40" around 27lbs

sams_striper2-1.jpg

sams_striper-1.jpg

Go get em!

Very nice fish Sam! I can't wait to get back and give it another go.

:D Awsome fish Sam! Heading out in a few hours,,,heck, I might just head out now and forget the sleep,,,I am pumped up,,,got bunker and clams,,,bring em on!

Thats an excellent catch Sam and it just goes to show you they are out there now.