g7evans

OBX Pier Fishing - Avalon vs Nags Head

7 posts in this topic

Going down to OBX in a few weeks. Its been years since I have fished off a pier down there. Any suggestions on Avalon vs. Nags Head? hich is better? Staying in Duck

I've never fished off either pier, but had better surf luck near the Avalon pier. now, neither was too good, but had marginally better luck by Avalon.

Avalon is in worse shape but fishing is better, think its a little cheaper also. Plus you can fish all night where as nags head closes at midnight. Just my 2 cents.

i myself usually fish avalon. neither one is really "better". depending on what your fishing for, for example live baiting off the end some days one will catch fish and the other wont. other days the opposite. some days both will. most days neither will, lol. just about being at the right place at the right time.

just about being at the right place at the right time.

sounds like fishing lol

thanks for the tips.... i would like to bring some fish home to fry up one night while down there. dont know too much about salt water fishing (moslty fish for bass and catfish). would i have better luck fishing flouder with squid or would it be easier to target croaker and spot using berkley blood worms?

with either of those baits, you'll probably have a good chance of catching either. we've had good luck with croaker on shrimp